props to diego sanchez

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i just saw doego sanchez vs marcello garcia in the absolute class of adcc 2005 and i must say that diego was doing great against marcello untill he got armbarred

Good for Diego! I really like that this guy still rolls even tho' he is a UFC fighter now. This is what will get him over the top, guys like Garcia are better than any opposition he might face in the cage in terms of grappling ability, so getting to fight these guys teaches Diego good lessons without getting him a losing record. I really respect any fighter that is willing to lose in order to learn, viva la pesadilla!

Dedicado said:
Good for Diego! I really like that this guy still rolls even tho' he is a UFC fighter now. This is what will get him over the top, guys like Garcia are better than any opposition he might face in the cage in terms of grappling ability, so getting to fight these guys teaches Diego good lessons without getting him a losing record. I really respect any fighter that is willing to lose in order to learn, viva la pesadilla!

Works for me. Diego brings it every fight. I don't get the haters.

i wish he would have taken the armbar last night when the guy kept throwing his arms in a great postion to get it from mount, that would have been nice.

I think Diego wanted to prove a point. He did the same in TUF, he doesn't want to submit - He wants to GNP them until they tap. Not sure why.

John O'Brien said:
I think Diego wanted to prove a point. He did the same in TUF, he doesn't want to submit - He wants to GNP them until they tap. Not sure why.

Probably the same mindset as Tito Ortiz, if i submit u ull tap and ill let it go and you'll feel okay, but if i beat you, you'll remember it.

i agree with that but it could cost you the fight, you should take every oppurtunity to end a fight

I understand it. But I like watching subs much better. If anything, it gives variety...

On the subject I'm not giving Diego any props for his performance against Marcello, he looked like a newb completely spazzed around and used his size advantage to muscle out of things. He didn't impress me at all.

yeah he was a bit spazzy pushing marcello and stuff, but it's good you don't wan't marcello garcia getting into his groove, and btw garcia and sanchez is the same weight class, and when has weight disadvantage ever been a problem for garcia, he's tapped alot of big guys

I just didn't think it was that impressive is all, I think he should have been able to use his weight advantage (he was listed at 77 while Marcello was listed at 65) a lot more smoothly, you didn't see Jacare jumping around like a spazz, and he took Garcia out of his groove.

Back