Proof that Zuffa gave most the Reebok money to athletes.

should have just left it in the other thread. didn't need a new one about this

The main benefit for the UFC is that it increases the worth of their TV and other sponsorship contracts. For example what may have been a $100 million deal now might be a $150 or $200 million deal because there are no more "Condom Depot" shorts. The fighters get nothing directly for this but the UFC does. The big one thrown about is that supposedly the Fox deal needs to be renewed around 2017. This puts the Zuffa (but not necessarily the fighters) in a better position.

I was under the impression that all the money, minus necessary but limited administrative costs, went to the fighters. Either way without seeing all the real numbers, which only the UFC has, we can't accurately calculate anything.

I think NBA shares all profit 50/50 with fighters, UFC does not. I am not sure but the cut has to be very little like some fighters get PPV points a few percents and thats not counting gate/fox deal etc.

Those NBA fighters wreck UFC fighters.

A level baby

UFC was making millions from the sponsor tax. If you think they gave that up without receiving significantly more money from Reebok, you have not been paying attention to how Zuffa operates.

The publicized Reebok deal and full compensation that the UFC itself is getting from Reebok are separate things. I guarantee you that the UFC is getting much more per year from Reebok under their "official UFC sponsor" deal and other agreements outside the $70M/6yr deal they released.

And they are still taking a huge chunk (wouldn't be surprised if it goes up to around 50% of the money) out of the deal for the fighters to pay the "operating costs" and "administrative fees"

Last edited:
UFC was making millions from the sponsor tax. If you think they gave that up without receiving significantly more money from Reebok, you have not been paying attention to how Zuffa operates.

The publicized Reebok deal and full compensation that the UFC itself is getting from Reebok are separate things. I guarantee you that the UFC is getting much more per year from Reebok under their "official UFC sponsor" deal and other agreements outside the $70M/6yr deal they released.

And they are still taking a huge chunk (wouldn't be surprised if it goes up to around 50% of the money) out of the deal for the fighters to pay the "operating costs" and "administrative fees"

While I would never agree the Reebok deal was done correctly, the numbers are right there for anyone that

While I would never agree the Reebok deal was done correctly, the numbers are right there for anyone that’s passed 4th grade. They’re paying around $200k average per card, and this is the very beginning. That number will go up in the next couple years because many of the fighters will reach the threshold for the next tier or two. The lower tier is basically going to stay the same, so the total payout is going to increase. Even if the average was just $250k/card, times 35 cards per year (will also increase), times 6 years, that’s over $52 million right there. Obviously there’s no way for anyone, including the UFC, to know the exact amount that will be paid over the next 6 years, but to speculate the UFC took even close to 50% is just plain stupid.

Simple logic & a calculator is all that is needed.
That said, the implementation of the reebok deal was horrendous

Edit: UFC does about 45 cards a year.
If the average is 200k per than that is $9m a year right now & the deal averages $11.6m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back