Media Proof that Eddie Alvarez's punches on Iuri Lapicus were illegal

this is alot better audio !!

Eddie is a BUM and just shows what kind of " man " he is

Thanks for "fumbling" the belt to McFraud
Illegal knee to Dustin
and now this

Eddieeeeeeeeeeee you are a disgrace to the sport aka buisness

Those are illegal but knees to the face of downed fighter are ok<YeahOKJen>

Is there any doubt that they were illegal.. The clown fiesta soccer acting was no needed though

That in particular was weird, looked kind of strong but not near strong to hurt the guy who instantly called the ref for attention, but i think he didnt even milked it, with the guy in position to continue it should had been a point (yellow card?) Deduction, not a straight DQ, with Eddie the ref had no choice, his rival played it so hard he was taken out on a stretcher, hard punches or not that was a bit much.

Yeah, it was strange. The guy who received the kick didn't even look that hurt. Since ONE judges fights as a whole, I guess you can't take points away. They'll have to figure out a system. Maybe a yellow card where you get fined 10% of the purse or something like that. 2nd yellow = DQ. DQ'ing everyone who commits a foul immediately doesn't seem to make sense.

Yeah, the Eddie one was tough because the other guy exaggerated tremendously, and then Eddie landed some legit shots with full power, weird situation.

I think the picture is fine. Under the rules the mohawk area is only 1 inch wide.
It’s not fine though. That area where it widens out halfway down isn’t in the unified rules. You can also find videos of Big John explaining this, and he’s the one who wrote. I hate that image because it is wrong but widely circulated.

I think their is a few commissions that maybe define it as such but that is not standard unified rules. I also don’t know what one fc considers back of the head

so let’s say it’s standard unified rules. Eddie actually started punching in a legal part and his opponent actually turned away mid barrage causing it to land in the illegal zone. That gets into an iffy spot, because refs tend not to blame them when the guy defends by turning into it like that.

If you ever get on a fight on street remember to target back of the head as it is the deadliest of techniques and also knee your opponent when he has at least one knee on ground to make things worse.

It’s not fine though. That area where it widens out halfway down isn’t in the unified rules. You can also find videos of Big John explaining this, and he’s the one who wrote. I hate that image because it is wrong but widely circulated.

I think their is a few commissions that maybe define it as such but that is not standard unified rules. I also don’t know what one fc considers back of the head

so let’s say it’s standard unified rules. Eddie actually started punching in a legal part and his opponent actually turned away mid barrage causing it to land in the illegal zone. That gets into an iffy spot, because refs tend not to blame them when the guy defends by turning into it like that.
The rules say this:
"The entire rear portion of the neck is also illegal to attack starting at the occipital
junction and stopping at the top of the trapezius."

I don't like the fact they used the term "occipital junction" because that's apparently not a commonly used term in anatomy. If they meant where the base of the skull meets the top of the base, there's a better term they could use. They could have just said "base of the skull" or "foramen magnum" (the opening in the bottom of the occipital bone).

Occipital junction seems to refer to the the place on the skull where the top of the occipital bone meets the bottoms of the two parietal bones. At the occipital bone's highest point that's somewhere around ear level.

The other reason occipital junction is a dumb term to use is that the referee can't see a fighter's skull bones. So functionally that gets translated to something like "ear level."

It doesn't make sense tho.

Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC_large_medium.jpg

Look at the side shot, if the side shot is right, there is no way the mohawk area is that small...unless the side shot is wrong.
I screwed up one thing earlier, in the rules the mohawk area is two inches wide, not one inch wide.

The rules say it's a line running down the center with a "one inch variance" on each side.

Eddie looks great and clean and all natty

I screwed up one thing earlier, in the rules the mohawk area is two inches wide, not one inch wide.

The rules say it's a line running down the center with a "one inch variance" on each side.

Alright that makes sense....2 inches makes way more sense, that pic should be updated.

Touching my head, 2 inches seems about right, it blocks most of the back of the head.

Yeah, it was strange. The guy who received the kick didn't even look that hurt. Since ONE judges fights as a whole, I guess you can't take points away. They'll have to figure out a system. Maybe a yellow card where you get fined 10% of the purse or something like that. 2nd yellow = DQ. DQ'ing everyone who commits a foul immediately doesn't seem to make sense.

Yeah, the Eddie one was tough because the other guy exaggerated tremendously, and then Eddie landed some legit shots with full power, weird situation.
I was under the impression they would have yellow cards, going by their DQ red one.

Rewatching yesterday's kick DQ, the guy went for the soccer type milking once he got the ref attention, you can hear the kick, which btw, doesnt look that bad in the replays actually, looks worse on full speed with the sound, the guy then rolls over covering his face, but his initial reaction was looking for the ref's face...

The rules say this:
"The entire rear portion of the neck is also illegal to attack starting at the occipital
junction and stopping at the top of the trapezius."

I don't like the fact they used the term "occipital junction" because that's apparently not a commonly used term in anatomy. If they meant where the base of the skull meets the top of the base, there's a better term they could use. They could have just said "base of the skull" or "foramen magnum" (the opening in the bottom of the occipital bone).

Occipital junction seems to refer to the the place on the skull where the top of the occipital bone meets the bottoms of the two parietal bones. At the occipital bone's highest point that's somewhere around ear level.

The other reason occipital junction is a dumb term to use is that the referee can't see a fighter's skull bones. So functionally that gets translated to something like "ear level."

Yeah, weird terminology. I assume they mean the occipital protuberance, aka occipital ridge, aka occipital prominence, which is that bony ridge that sticks out at the base of your skull. Your traps insert just below that, and that's where your neck starts:

180px-External_occipital_protuberance_-_animation.gif

Surface-anatomy-of-the-occipital-nerves-A-Greater-occipital-nerve-B-Lesser-occipital_Q640.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_occipital_protuberance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occipital_ridge

In females it's barely noticeable.

I was under the impression they would have yellow cards, going by their DQ red one.

Yeah, it's true, I was under that impression too. The fact that no one in the broadcast team bothered explaining how the yellow cards work made me think that they themselves don't have a clue about how their system is designed haha. I guess we'll have to wait until a ref uses one.

Back