Progressive Fighting Systems

Corey Kuropas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here in the standup forum ever train in PFS (Progressive Fighting Systems)? I use to train in it before I focused on competing in MMA, but now that I'm taking a break from fighting (will still do BJJ tournaments) I'm going to be training in it again.

Vunak's stuff is pretty interesting and it's worked for me in self defense type situations.

Never heard of it. Curious. Would like details.

I trained in it in Dion Riccardo's school under Anthony Calderone. I like the weapons training a lot and we would do a lot of situational type of training. I had a few years of Al Tracy's Kenpo previous to this which really helped with picking up the PFS stuff more quickly.

Never heard of it. Curious. Would like details.

No problem, my friend.

PFS is Paul Vunak's version of JKD. Vunak got instructor-ship in JKD under Dan Inosanto and a blackbelt in BJJ under Rickson Gracie. PFS is very much a street ready style. It's alot of Kali, trapping, destruction's and also has a method called RAT which stands for Rapid Assault Tactics (which is taught to the Navy Seals).

Look it up on youtube, it's some really great stuff. I actually used RAT in a self defense situation before.

Back