Progressive drill for Low Kicks

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
In this one I share a simple drill for low kicks with some tactical seasoning. Check it out:

If you like the video please consider subscribing to the channel! I need to reach 100 to customize the channel url (youtube.com/etcetc)

As always, all feedback is appreciated! I hope you enjoy!

In this one I share a simple drill for low kicks with some tactical seasoning. Check it out:

If you like the video please consider subscribing to the channel! I need to reach 100 to customize the channel url (youtube.com/etcetc)

As always, all feedback is appreciated! I hope you enjoy!

Is there any tactical reason to not gun for low kicks like the Dutch guys do or is it applicable regardless of opponent and rule set?

Since it was me who taught it I'll take the compliment<Moves>

@spacetime

What I've noticed watching Dutch fighters low Kick is a tendancy to pivot less on supporting leg & have a more diagonal trajectory in the strike - rather than a "round" angle with a lot of rotation

Example

Henri is a great coach, his credentials speak for itself. However I don't like that kick very much. Head dead on the center waiting for a counter strike, landing with the wider part of the tibia and not the edge

and this

upload_2020-6-20_19-53-7.png

"A" seems easier to block and with less potential to cause damage comparing to "B" and "C". Also, it makes me cringe just remembering Anderson and Tyrone break their shins kicking upwards :(

BUT I agree 100% about not pushing. I've never understood why some people do push with their kicks and it always annoys the hell out of me when my partners do it to me lol

Back