Professional Fighters League- 2018 Season (2)

g5t2mtB.jpg

Paul Bradley out with injury - Carlton Minus in.

Pretty big gap between now and this PFL, the first major event of next week. Speaking for myself, this is a great opportunity to take my time digging into this card, and the next UFC Fight Night. I am hoping with Jake Shields on the prelims, and the lack of MMA this weekend, we get odds for every fight here.

Football season almost here too!

Did Jake Shields make any comments on his last fight?

PFL Odds on Royal Panda

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 6.30.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 6.30.08 AM.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 32
Pretty lackluster card for betting. Hope we get prelims.

Odds for prelims out!

Did Pinnacle have odds for the past PFL events?

Thoughts:

Who would ever think Shields would be that close to journeyman Herman Terrado? Wow. Shields has the mileage of a shot fighter, and sure looked like one last fight. Terrado doesn't have Bradda Boy's power, but he might not need it. Odds not tempting enough though.

Abubakar's odds are outrageous, but they are more accurate than his last fight. Last time he faced a fellow sambo guy with heavy, heavy hands (it was a great win), and this time, he's facing someone that will gas after any sustained grappling. Nurma should roll. Remember, he went for the clinch/takedown early & often last time, he just couldn't get it and was forced to stand and eventually eat that uppercut.

Zeferino should beat Yuri, though if Yuri gets a takedown, he is the naturally bigger man. If there was a decision prop on Yuri, I would play that and Zeferino ITD. Skip otherwise.

Bojan vs Magomed is close as the odds indicate. Slight value on Bojan maybe? He looked a little more solid at weigh-ins.

Harrison vs Cotton.

Magomedov should bulldoze Goncalves. Battle of one guy with power that knows how to use his length, vs Goncalves. No grappling trickery will work for Goncalves on Magomedov like it did on Louis Taylor.

Gordon vs Umalatov. Gordon looked better than he has maybe his last 4 fights, though in a losing effort. Not tempting enough to bet.

Gamzatov's volume and striking should be more than enough for Harris. Harris is tough, but is too inconsistent with his wrestling, and low volume with his striking. Even if he could get a takedown, he's not holding anyone down.

Minus is a promising prospect, but almost looks like he could be a more ripped 155er. He beat a Bellator & UFC vet, but no one near the level of Story. Minus just doesn't have the power to put Story on his heels, or really hurt him, which means Story will be clinching, punching, and likely score takedowns until Minus is a tired shell of what he was in the first round.

Taylor probably beats Lobato, but Lobato looked solid in his last bout. Like moving up in weight allowed him to throw more. Still, Taylor can hang on the feet, has the wrestling edge, and a guillotine that's always there.

Santos vs Howard. Tough to read, but I won a nice underdog play on Howard last time. The interesting thing is I think Doomsday is undefeated (or at least close) at middleweight.

For dogs, I'm on Gordon, Howard, Shields, and Kusch.

For dogs, I'm on Gordon, Howard, Shields, and Kusch.
I'm also on Gordon, Howard & Kusch as underdogs, plus Velickovic. Also got the early + money line on Terrado fading Shields' age & return from TKO stoppage.

Back