Problems with my Ouano Shooto gloves

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll keep it short and simple,since I just emailed them a few minutes ago.

as I stated in the mma gloves sticky post,I bought a pair of the official Shooto gloves from budovideos.com.after just under two weeks,I am already experiencing problems with them.I won't list the problems until I get a response from Ouano,then I will update this thread.Hopefully,everything will be worked out between myself and this fine company.

you better off buying them from ouano themselves, it's kinda hard for them to help replace them if you got them from budo.

why tell us you have a problem, then say oh but I wont tell you what it is

what if they resolve your issue? then will you say "well my issue is resolved!"

tell us dammit

~Foz

well,I already got a response from John at Ouano.they'll send replacement gloves,but I must first send the old gloves back,and send $5 for shipment of the new gloves.while I'm happy to be getting the replacements "free," I'm not happy about paying for the shipping.hopefully,the new gloves will stand up the "abuse" for more than 2 weeks.oh well.I guess it's better than paying $60+shipping for all new gloves.

oh,and the problems were tears,several onlng the seams of the vinyl area and one along the seam of the wristwraps,after only one night.today,I found the thumbwrap on the right glove to be almost completely torn off.I can understand leather sometimes falling apart from abuse,but I was really upset considering they're only 2 weeks old.

Sounds like a defective pair. That would be a little disappointing paying that much for top of the line and they tear up that quick.

Bobby Jacobsen said:
Sounds like a defective pair. That would be a little disappointing paying that much for top of the line and they tear up that quick.

That's what I'm hoping for.I'll be sure to let every1 when the new pair comes in,and how they hold up..probably won't be until at least next week,which means I have to suffer in class.c'est la vie

I like the gloves I got from Al's Gym. I haven't had any problems so far (crosses fingers).

leto1776 said:
well,I already got a response from John at Ouano.they'll send replacement gloves,but I must first send the old gloves back,and send $5 for shipment of the new gloves.while I'm happy to be getting the replacements "free," I'm not happy about paying for the shipping.hopefully,the new gloves will stand up the "abuse" for more than 2 weeks.oh well.I guess it's better than paying $60+shipping for all new gloves.

oh,and the problems were tears,several onlng the seams of the vinyl area and one along the seam of the wristwraps,after only one night.today,I found the thumbwrap on the right glove to be almost completely torn off.I can understand leather sometimes falling apart from abuse,but I was really upset considering they're only 2 weeks old.

hmmmm.... Ouano is the only company I've heard that replaces gear you purchased from someone else. And if you bought it at budo, you damn right have to pay shipping, what are they supposed to do, send you a new pair of gloves, pay for the shipping, its not like you bought it directly from them. lol.

some people are so cheesy ;_;

good luck with the new gloves, I always recommend Ouano's and mine hold up perfectly.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
hmmmm.... Ouano is the only company I've heard that replaces gear you purchased from someone else. And if you bought it at budo, you damn right have to pay shipping, what are they supposed to do, send you a new pair of gloves, pay for the shipping, its not like you bought it directly from them. lol.

some people are so cheesy ;_;

good luck with the new gloves, I always recommend Ouano's and mine hold up perfectly.

~Foz

I don't mind paying the shipping to send them back,but'd it'd be nice to not have to pay shipping for the replacement pair,as a further offer of goodwill. :D

i bought a similiar pair but there hawk brand i hope there gloves are as good as there gi's

What goodwill you after? I mean like FOz said, you didn't buy the gloves from them originally. In most circumstances when u buy from a 3rd party, you'd have to contact the 3rd party who'd contact the manufacturer. If budo didn't want to do anything for you, u'd effectively be stuffed. You're lucky that Ouano have decided to come in and replace them IMO. That's them backing up their product but there couldn't been a myriad of factors that led to the breakdown of the gloves that they have no control over whatsoever.

You're lucky that Ouano have decided to come in and replace them IMO. That's them backing up their product but there couldn't been a myriad of factors that led to the breakdown of the gloves that they have no control over whatsoever.

I expect any company to take responsibility for faulty merchandise. I had the gloves for 2 weeks,only light g&p,when a strap broke.whether it was bad leather,lousy sewing,whatever,when you pay $60 for a peace of equipment,you expect it to last.They've decided to replace it,and I'm happy,just not as happy as I'd be if they paid for the shipping. :D

Foppa21 said:
What goodwill you after? I mean like FOz said, you didn't buy the gloves from them originally. In most circumstances when u buy from a 3rd party, you'd have to contact the 3rd party who'd contact the manufacturer. If budo didn't want to do anything for you, u'd effectively be stuffed. You're lucky that Ouano have decided to come in and replace them IMO. That's them backing up their product but there couldn't been a myriad of factors that led to the breakdown of the gloves that they have no control over whatsoever.

Exactly, thats exactly how I see it too. It just seems a bit pompus, like if I got a pair of HCK shorts from say I dunno, any site MMAWarehouse.com (not even sure if they supply them...) but say those shorts I got from MMAWarehouse were faulty, WHY should HCK (howardliu.com) have to become out of pocket and pay for not only a replacement pair, but for me to ship them to them, and pay for the shipping back? LIKE WTF? that just seems WAYYYYYY wrong, you're lucky if they replace them at all.

oh well atleast you got your issue resolved.

~Foz

Those dudes at Ouano did a good job on actually giving a fuck. You're lucky lol.

In most circumstances when u buy from a 3rd party, you'd have to contact the 3rd party who'd contact the manufacturer. If budo didn't want to do anything for you, u'd effectively be stuffed. You're lucky that Ouano have decided to come in and replace them IMO. That's them backing up their product but there couldn't been a myriad of factors that led to the breakdown of the gloves that they have no control over whatsoever.

Exactly, thats exactly how I see it too. It just seems a bit pompus, like if I got a pair of HCK shorts from say I dunno, any site MMAWarehouse.com (not even sure if they supply them...) but say those shorts I got from MMAWarehouse were faulty, WHY should HCK (howardliu.com) have to become out of pocket and pay for not only a replacement pair, but for me to ship them to them, and pay for the shipping back? LIKE WTF? that just seems WAYYYYYY wrong, you're lucky if they replace them at all.

Let me put what I said above into a bit better perspective.I have experience with retail,being that I currently work at a retail store.I din't bother to contact Budo,because I knew that 99% of the time,a third party retailer will say "basically,you're f'd" or, "contact the manufacturer."

To say that I'm lucky Ouana did anything at all for me tells me you must have very little to no retail experience,because a quality manufacturer will always back up their equipment,which in this case,Ouana did.if my iPod broke,Apple sends a preapid shipping envelope to send back the faulty merchandise,then promptly overnights you a new iPod,no matter who I would've bought it from,all free,because they care about keeping customers satisfied and coming back to further deal with them.I don't expect Ouano to go to that great of lenths,merely to pay the shipping of the replacement gloves,especially after their equipment went fauly after hardly any use.Ultimately,no matter who sells a particular item,the quality of said item ultimately falls back upon the manufacturer.

not that any of this matters anymore anyway,because it's already a done deal.

finally got the replacement gloves in on wednesday (I love UPS,but ground shipping is slower than a motherf***er),and tested them out on Thursday in some heavy grappling.These new gloves are a major improvement over the old gloves.the leather seems to be of a much higher quality,it feels like they're already well broken in.Hopefully,these ones will hold up much better (and much longer) than the first ones.

Oh,and they also gave me two free Ouano stickers

leto1776 said:
Let me put what I said above into a bit better perspective.I have experience with retail,being that I currently work at a retail store.I din't bother to contact Budo,because I knew that 99% of the time,a third party retailer will say "basically,you're f'd" or, "contact the manufacturer."

To say that I'm lucky Ouana did anything at all for me tells me you must have very little to no retail experience,because a quality manufacturer will always back up their equipment,which in this case,Ouana did.if my iPod broke,Apple sends a preapid shipping envelope to send back the faulty merchandise,then promptly overnights you a new iPod,no matter who I would've bought it from,all free,because they care about keeping customers satisfied and coming back to further deal with them.I don't expect Ouano to go to that great of lenths,merely to pay the shipping of the replacement gloves,especially after their equipment went fauly after hardly any use.Ultimately,no matter who sells a particular item,the quality of said item ultimately falls back upon the manufacturer.

not that any of this matters anymore anyway,because it's already a done deal.

Actually, i've worked in 4 retail business, and my mother used to run her own businesses.... so no, your wrong.

and its just our oppinion that you are way out of line expecting a company you didn't even buy the gloves from, to a) replace them, b) pay to ship them to you, c) give a crap :p

you're very lucky my friend. coming from someone whos worked in retail for oh, some odd 8 years!

but im glad you got replacements, Ouano gloves are really HQ.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
and its just our oppinion that you are way out of line expecting a company you didn't even buy the gloves from, to... c) give a crap :p

you're very lucky my friend. coming from someone whos worked in retail for oh, some odd 8 years!

again,I'll repeat what I said above:

Ultimately,no matter who sells a particular item,the quality of said item ultimately falls back upon the manufacturer.

so no,I don't consider myself lucky in that respect.

Fozzy said:
but im glad you got replacements, Ouano gloves are really HQ.

well,these new ones seem to be so far.here's hoping they last awhile,and definitely longer than 2 weeks.

when it comes to shooto gloves, you gotta stick to twins or windy, or fairtex

Back