problems sleeping

Try Melatonin. Its in the vitamin section of nearly any store out there, and it really does help you fall asleep. The pineal gland in your brain naturally produces Melatonin, so when you take it in the bottle form, all it does is stimulate your brain to produce more. Ive taken this stuff for years when I need it, especially on Sunday nights after sleeping in late then having to be up early Monday morning. Ive never grown dependant on it, never had any bad side effects, and it really works. Ive also turned many friends / family members on to this stuff too. It will help you stay asleep, hope your bladder is capable of handling it! :p

*could have sworn he already suggested that*

When I get carried away with the protein shakes (ie too many or 1 b4 bed) I wake up like 2x in the night to piss...sux but other than that I sleep like a baby.. do you wake up early or sleep in..? I've found I always sleep better if I wake up around 5am and get my day started...

Ive always been a very light sleeper and tend to wake up a couple times in the middle night, usually hungry. I found that nuts and a caesin shake before bed has helped alot with not waking up hungry. Also get into a routine.

In the week i go to bed around the same time and give me self 30min before i go to bed to do all the bits and pieces. I like to read for 10min before bed as i find it relaxing. Also ear plugs and night masks are great for helping you.

Melatonin is the way to go as KK said. I had wicked trouble now i sleep through the night without waking. My body adapts over time to the dose though. Currently at 15 mg. I never wake up groggy though, always refreshed and ready to go. It has made a huge impact in my rest habits.

I have many somniopathys, the doctor even put me on trazodone! It didn't work at all though! But I found something as little as a benadryl helps wonders every night! Good luck man!

Melatonin is the way to go as KK said. I had wicked trouble now i sleep through the night without waking. My body adapts over time to the dose though. Currently at 15 mg. I never wake up groggy though, always refreshed and ready to go. It has made a huge impact in my rest habits.

I just had to say...Holy shit, 15mg of melatonin would put me in a coma!

If you're really having sleep problems, you should try doxylamine or diphenhydramine or possibly both 20-30 minutes before bed. Or if you aren't have trouble actually falling asleep, take it immediately before.

You take 5 regular 3mg melatonin tablets or what? I've never taken more than 6mg before.. would have figured something as high as 15 to be kind of dangerous.

Are the controlled-release as KK hints at or just a handful of regular tablets? I may give this a shot tonight just to see what the deal is. I've never seen controlled release ones before though. I've only seen 1,2, and 3mg tabs (almost all 3mg, though)

You take 5 regular 3mg melatonin tablets or what? I've never taken more than 6mg before.. would have figured something as high as 15 to be kind of dangerous.

Are the controlled-release as KK hints at or just a handful of regular tablets? I may give this a shot tonight just to see what the deal is. I've never seen controlled release ones before though. I've only seen 1,2, and 3mg tabs (almost all 3mg, though)

the bottle will say timed release or something to that effect. i just picked some up at GNC and they had the timed release right next to the regular.

Try ear plugs. It sounds like it's not only noise which wakes you up, but ear plugs will at least solve one of the problems. My only other suggestion would be to skip naps during the day, and go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. Doing so will train your body.

I take 3 5mg tabs not time released. I started at 2mg and my body would adapt then i went higher, then higher etc. I know my body adapts when i do not sleep through the night for a week straight. I generally have problems waking 4 to 6 times a night and taking 30min to 1 hour to get to sleep, or sometimes never go back to sleep. It sucked. No issues now though.

I researched it first though. I read where they did a study that involved giving people 1000mg with no ill effects for months so i am sure 15mg is a okay.

Edit: i also weigh 270 and am 6' 1" so although i am not huge i am definitely not small.

also make sure u dont watch TV. The TV gives off some sort of rays that keep your brain alert

Make a list of all the things u n eed to do the next day. That way its on paper and your brain can switch off and not think about them.

I have been a terrible insomniac for 10 years. It truly affects my life horibly. Makes it hard for me in college, wreaks havoc tryin to hold a job.......

This is a great thread, good luck cause I have found absolutely nothing that helps.

I can take a handful of Tylenol PM and still be wide awake.

I use an herbal mix of magnesium, valerian, chamomile (and some others) with melatonin.
Go to any health food or vitamin place and ask.

ever tried excercise and reading? reading gets me tired, and if i push myself as much as i can during cardio workouts, i get very tired later on but i think its pretty common for ppl to go to the gym 5 days a week and are the type to sit still every 10 freakin minutes on working out

everyone's got an excuse, i know what i have to do to get more sleep but i never fix anything, not like i dont try, its just like that

like the guy said above about the tv keeping you alert...i heard of this awhile back, some girl said tvs and computers can do it to you, it prevents the melatonin from being released i think, she told me to turn everything off at least an hour before you start calling it a day...this has alot of relevance in my case because thats exactly what i dont do

i get 4-5 hours of sleep at most, most of the time...it fucks with my head man, my head feels heavy all the time....i go 24 hours without sleeping like it's nothing...i heard something about if you dont sleep enough a day like anywhere from 6-8 hours everyday...this liquid that builds up in your brain wont be released properly, the more you sleep, the more time it has to be released

plus i smoke alot of pot, what it does for most, it does the opposite for me, it makes me focused when working out and it can give me a boost of energy and i cant help but keep moving around when im high, takes longer to get tired from the burnout stage for me than most ppl...it just a habit i havent gotten rid of

4 hours sleep for me untill i put a down payment on a house , work continental shifts + overtime in a chocolate factory then get home smoke ganj n play some video games till I pass out . insomnia though I feel like im asleep while at work chuggin boiling hot expresso to keepmy eyes open /

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back