Problem for Stipe is Rd 1 showed he can do nothing if DC chooses to wrestle and keep to gameplan

He's lost a step, it would not be advisable for him to fight Jones at either LHW or HW imo

So Jones can beat him decisively for a third time? Yeah OK. Jones will never under any circumstances allow DC to get a win over him. It will never happen.

DC tried to wrestle and gassed out as a result. Stipe is a D1 wrestler, and he’s obviously in better shape. He’s also bigger than DC. Their weight is comparable, but DC carries much more fat. So to your point, there’s no fucking way that DC beats Stipe via wrestling.
DC gassed out because of the body blows and head shots he was trying to walk through, not wrestling. Go back and watch the fight.

What do you think happens if a fat 230 lb guy tries to wrestle a big, strong guy his own size for more than one round? Death by exhaustion?

That's a decent point. Even Olympic-level wrestling matches are only six minutes long, right? And that's with two breaks.

In a rematch Stipe will be going for the body starting R1

DC tried to wrestle and gassed out as a result. Stipe is a D1 wrestler, and he’s obviously in better shape. He’s also bigger than DC. Their weight is comparable, but DC carries much more fat. So to your point, there’s no fucking way that DC beats Stipe via wrestling.
I take it my answer was adequate?

Fight only proved that DC loses if he gets into an ego battle
Stope got owned and looked almost like he might get stopped in rd 1.
Stipe showed nothing that he can actually stop DC fron executing his gameplan if he actually chooses to stick to it.
DC chose to stand and box.
He was the king maker or breaker - Stipe was just taken for the ride depending on what DC wanted to do. Luckily he chose to fight Miocic where he had a chance to win and fair play for capitalizing and exploting two weaknesses - DC's ego and body shots.
Good thing the fights are longer than 1 round.

If Stipe couldnt wrestle then Dc would have dropped him on his head lile Rose got slammed.

People (and even DC) can claim he should have wrestled but it looked to me like he tried in round 2 but Stipe adjusted. Wresting takes a lot more out of you than stand-up does.

In my opinion, DC chose to stand because he was tired and he felt it was working. It was working until it didn't.

Did you turn a blind eye to the part of Stipe stuffing his takedowns? DC got 1 takedown. Big deal. Lol.

All that matters is that DC got folded up like a towel against that fence.

Jesus Christ.

DC continued to try to wrestle throughout the fight. It didn't work.....

idk what you saw - i saw stipe stuff the shot and dc used strength and wasted energy to pick him up and slam him because technique wasnt working. thats not a recipe to win for 5 rounds. he wont have energy to do that all 25 minutes.

maybe if they do a trilogy and stipe takes him down and beats him up you guys will see stipe is more likely to have more success with wrestling offensively than dc is. being the bigger guy helps out in cases like this.

also, i dont recall stipe ever being close to "being stopped". on the ground he took like no damage and on the feet he got tagged but just showed he has a good chin.

It's hilarious you're acting like it's easy to slam people, it's a learned skill not reliant on strength, nor is its defense. Cormier is a man well aware of pace and how energy is used, hes said before the perfect number of takedowns per fight is 3, reasons being obvious. Ego of being a lifetime winner was what beat Cormier. It kinda reminds me of Fedor not just going the easy route to victory... then he fights a guy like Werdum, you know the rest.

Stipe showed nothing that he can actually stop DC fron executing his gameplan if he actually chooses to stick to it.
He was the king maker or breaker - Stipe was just taken for the ride depending on what DC wanted to do. Luckily he chose to fight Miocic where he had a chance to win and fair play for capitalizing and exploting two weaknesses - DC's ego and body shots.

DC had so many eye pokes he should have been DQd even in first fight he had many poke Pathetic

I think Stipe would have won first fight if DC didn’t do the eye pokes he couldn’t see shot that KOd him Miocic is the better fighter KOd DC without dirty tactic

DC = Dirty Cheater

Yea, like it’s not tiring for a HW to take down a 230 lb opponent over and over for 25 minutes...
Especially someone with decent TDD and ability to escape, like Stipe.

C’mon, fights aren’t 5 minutes for a reason.
Otherwise the wrestler would win a decision every time.

Your post reminds me of the “Weidman was winning before his mistake” crowd.
No...Weidman was winning before he spent all his energy dominating the first 5 minutes.

DC is 40 and overweight, he is still faster than most HW (only Ngannou is faster imo) but still visibly slower than he was at LHW and is imposible not to get tired carrying all that fat at his age, no matter what DC says his staminna is not the same at HW and griding an opponent with good wrestling will prove to be pretty dificult, he got tired and didn't have it in him to wrestle even when the body shots were hurting him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back