Pro Wrestling being fake is like PEDs in professional sports

Priceinator

Old Gaming Wizard
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Back in the day, the pro wrestling fans were kept in the dark about whether pro wrestling was real or not. For decades, promoters and wrestlers kept secrets made big claims about wrestling being 100% authentic.

Even in 1998 - people were still wondering

So really, it wasn't until very recently that everyone unanimously understood that pro wrestling was a farce. Now, fans and non-fans alike just accept this and sort of ignore it. In a way, it brings a new level of appreciation in the performance aspect of it all.

I think the same thing is going to happen with professional sports.

But instead of "being fake", I think it's going to be "athletes use PEDs".

Right now, there is an illusion that still exists in professional sports and MMA. Fans are convinced that players are "clean", by the books athletes, just working hard and getting paid. With the increased in testing and easier access by the public to those test results (forums, twitter, news feeds, etc.) - we're seeing more and more that most, if not all athletes are on "something" deemed as a PED.

Everyone involved knows it. It's not a secret to them.

But the fans still cling to the idea that they are all clean. They parade around test results and chant for punishment by those caught, all the while ignoring that probably, almost certainly, many more, if not all athletes are cheating some how.

Will there be a day when, like modern day wrestling fans, the veil of secrecy is dropped and MMA, NFL, NBA (and so on) fans finally accept that PEDs aren't going anywhere? Will it be much longer before the idea of testing for PEDs is ridiculous, because everyone knows what's going on? And no one will care that much anymore?

Who knows?

But I'm sure, soon enough, we'll find out...

Last edited:
I'm bumping this because I did such a damn good job writing it up.

Nobody responds beacuse the truth hurts.

Who the fuck was still wondering if rasslin was fake in 1998?
What are you 6 fuckin years old?

Kayfabe lives.

Really? I always thought everybody knew it since the 70s.... atleast in Europe...

This world is full of nothing but liars.

If someone tells you something is legit or real, start doubting.

Back