private mma classes

lilheathenfan

White Belt
Reaction score
Going to be taking a private MMA class with Josh Neer this coming monday. What should I expect?

What do you already know about MMA? Have you ever done anything of the sort? Are you even in shape?

I'm in decent shape. I know the basics. Basic combinations and basic technique. That's about it.

I hope your cardio is good. Most pro fighters have crazy ass warm ups.

Speaking of Josh Neer, I train in Chicago with Mark Miller...and holy shit are his warm ups insane. My first class with him and I remember almost throwing up in the first 15 minutes.

So I had the class monday and man it was intense. I thought I was going to throw up like lionidas talked about but I didn't want to quit on Josh.

Learned a lot though and will be going next week again.

So I had the class monday and man it was intense. I thought I was going to throw up like lionidas talked about but I didn't want to quit on Josh.

Learned a lot though and will be going next week again.

I think you should change your sig about the street fight part, people don't like it when someone thinks they can just come into MMA with that attitude.

I think you should change your sig about the street fight part, people don't like it when someone thinks they can just come into MMA with that attitude.

It's a quote from some other poster. Not my words, I put that on my sig to make fun of him! I should probably put quotations marks on there to not confuse people.

but yeah my goal is to start fighting mma in a year. I think I can do it if I work hard enough at it. I need to take advantage of having a UFC fighter as a trainer.

BTW, Josh is cool as hell. Super nice but makes you work hard.

It's a quote from some other poster. Not my words, I put that on my sig to make fun of him! I should probably put quotations marks on there to not confuse people.

Fair enough.

but yeah my goal is to start fighting mma in a year. I think I can do it if I work hard enough at it. I need to take advantage of having a UFC fighter as a trainer.

BTW, Josh is cool as hell. Super nice but makes you work hard.

Normally it takes 1 - 1.5 years to be ready, guys from my gym have trained for 6 months and fought and now SP 5-0-1 in his first year, i'm currently training and looking to fight in a years time, all you can do is turn up every session, work your ass off, and your coaches will decide when you're ready

Back