Crime Prison Riot in Ecuador Leaves 116 Dead

You two triggered twats can't speak to anything without being partisan hacks.
GFY's.
I didn't know free thinker, beer drinker, gun owner and constitutionality were partisan hack ideas. Oh I get it, you want to label us the far right, and Trump extremists. Well, sorry sister, my opinions come from the real world, the law, my interpretation of the constitution -- as well as the the supreme court. I can't just make shit up and change myself into a woman because that's how I identify.... I have to live in this thing called "REALITY". If you think keeping out people because I'm an evil right wing Trump supporter or something, you're just plain stupid. I'm sorry your country is shit, but that doesn't always mean they need to dash here and be handed free shit in whatever numbers. It's not sustainable, and for all the people that worked for years to become a legal citizen, it's a slap in the face.

Just open the border to whoever then, let anyone come? I mean what is your fucking point other than not having one?

Last edited:
I didn't know free thinker, beer drinker, gun owner and constitutionality were partisan hack ideas. Oh I get it, you want to label us the far right, and Trump extremists. Well, sorry sister, my opinions come from the real world, the law, my interpretation of the constitution -- as well as the the supreme court. I can't just make shit up and change myself into a woman because that's how I identify.... I have to live in this thing called "REALITY". If you think keeping out people because I'm an evil right wing Trump supporter or something, you're just plain stupid. I'm sorry your country is shit, but that doesn't always mean they need to dash here and be handed free shit in whatever numbers. It's not sustainable, and for all the people that worked for years to become a legal citizen, it's a slap in the face.

Just open the border to whoever then, let anyone come? I mean what is your fucking point other than not having one?
This isn't an immigration thread, bud.
Triggered AF.
Your cycle is set to Fucktard OCD.

Better than California's?

They make San Quentin look like the Ritz.

On the order of who makes the worst holy-fuq-why-did-i-watch-im-traumatized-now videos, their occupants rank pretty high. I'd say it goes something like this:

1) Cartel sicarios
2) South American prison inmates

3) ISIS

Theme song to this thread. Song is about the Brazilian Carandiru riots, which were more like a massacre.

Shocker, lol.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-58733202.amp

Local media are reporting that the brutal killings could have been ordered from outside the prison mirroring a power struggle between Mexican cartels currently under way in Ecuador. The Litoral Penitentiary holds inmates from Los Choneros, an Ecuadorean gang which is thought to have links with Mexico's powerful Sinaloa drug cartel.

But another Mexican criminal group, the Jalisco New Generation cartel (CJNG), is also trying to forge alliances with Ecuadorean gangs to seize control of drug smuggling routes leading from Ecuador to Central America from its Sinaloa rivals. The decapitations and the brutal nature of the violence seen inside the Litoral prison are hallmarks of the Mexican cartels, which often kill their rivals in the most gruesome ways to spread further terror.

CJNG has been on quite a roll for years now...

What a fucked up animal we are... Or maybe it's natural to not harness the true potential within us but to allow the most primal of thoughts manifest as actions...

CJNG has been on quite a roll for years now...

I'm of the opinion that this brutality is actually a show of weakness rather than a show of strength. Look at what happened when MBS cleaned house. Or when Xi or Putin do it. Hell, you see it with threats to the royal family here too.

Important people disapear, a few questions get asked, and then everyone falls in line.

I'm of the opinion that this brutality is actually a show of weakness rather than a show of strength. Look at what happened when MBS cleaned house. Or when Xi or Putin do it. Hell, you see it with threats to the royal family here too.

Important people disapear, a few questions get asked, and then everyone falls in line.

The brutal executions and mass murder feel like a display of sadism more than anything, but it has certainly been effective at terrorizing the civilian population, police and politicians, all of whom are subject to extreme levels of blackmail, coercion, corruption, and extortion.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cartel-hunts-down-kills-guanajuato-police/

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) is targeting and killing police officers at their homes in Guanajuato, Mexico’s most violent state and the most dangerous for police.

According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), the cartel abducted several members of an elite police force in Guanajuato and tortured them to obtain names and addresses of other officers. Now CJNG members are showing up at officers’ homes on their days off and murdering them in front of their families, the news agency said.

AP said the offensive against the state police officers — members of a force known as the Tactical Group — poses the most direct challenge yet to President López Obrador’s so-called “hugs, not bullets” policy, which is characterized by the desire to avoid conflict with cartels and instead focus on addressing the root causes of crime through government welfare and social programs. However, the CJNG — generally considered Mexico’s most powerful and violent criminal organization — doesn’t share the desire to avoid conflict, having declared war on the Tactical Group.

It's becoming more clear that this riot in Ecuador was also on some kingpin cartel orchestrated shit and the Ecuadorian gang members and inmates are pretty much the lowest rung in the game, 100% manipulated and played by criminal organizations that have tens of billions of dollars in assets; the CJNG alone is estimated to be at over $50 billion.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world-news/954291/ecuador-prison-massacre-the-gang-war-for-leadership-behind-bars?amp

Colonel Mario Pazmino, former director of the country’s military intelligence, warned that the latest attacks showed that “transnational organized crime has permeated the structure” of the prison system. Mexico’s Sinaloa and Jalisco New Generation cartels operate through local gangs, he said. “They want to sow fear,” Pazmino told AP. And “the more radical and violent the way they murder, the more they achieve their goal of control," he added.

Ecuador has seen a significant escalation of violence and deaths in its jails since the start of the year. In February, "coordinated attacks” were launched in three large prisons, in the provinces of Guayaquil, Cuenca and Latacunga, “seemingly organized by a number of gangs targeting members of Los Choneros following the murder of their leader last December”, reported InSight Crime. The violence left at least 75 inmates dead across the three penitentiaries, which reportedly account for 70% of the country’s entire prison population.

The brutal executions and mass murder feel like a display of sadism more than anything, but it has certainly been effective at terrorizing the civilian population, police and politicians, all of whom are subject to extreme levels of blackmail, coercion, corruption, and extortion.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cartel-hunts-down-kills-guanajuato-police/

The Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) is targeting and killing police officers at their homes in Guanajuato, Mexico’s most violent state and the most dangerous for police.

According to a report by the Associated Press (AP), the cartel abducted several members of an elite police force in Guanajuato and tortured them to obtain names and addresses of other officers. Now CJNG members are showing up at officers’ homes on their days off and murdering them in front of their families, the news agency said.

AP said the offensive against the state police officers — members of a force known as the Tactical Group — poses the most direct challenge yet to President López Obrador’s so-called “hugs, not bullets” policy, which is characterized by the desire to avoid conflict with cartels and instead focus on addressing the root causes of crime through government welfare and social programs. However, the CJNG — generally considered Mexico’s most powerful and violent criminal organization — doesn’t share the desire to avoid conflict, having declared war on the Tactical Group.

It's becoming more clear that this riot in Ecuador was also on some kingpin cartel orchestrated shit and the Ecuadorian gang members and inmates are pretty much the lowest rung in the game, 100% manipulated and played by criminal organizations that have tens of billions of dollars in assets; the CJNG alone is estimated to be at over $50 billion.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world-news/954291/ecuador-prison-massacre-the-gang-war-for-leadership-behind-bars?amp

Colonel Mario Pazmino, former director of the country’s military intelligence, warned that the latest attacks showed that “transnational organized crime has permeated the structure” of the prison system. Mexico’s Sinaloa and Jalisco New Generation cartels operate through local gangs, he said. “They want to sow fear,” Pazmino told AP. And “the more radical and violent the way they murder, the more they achieve their goal of control," he added.

Ecuador has seen a significant escalation of violence and deaths in its jails since the start of the year. In February, "coordinated attacks” were launched in three large prisons, in the provinces of Guayaquil, Cuenca and Latacunga, “seemingly organized by a number of gangs targeting members of Los Choneros following the murder of their leader last December”, reported InSight Crime. The violence left at least 75 inmates dead across the three penitentiaries, which reportedly account for 70% of the country’s entire prison population.

This aligns with the lack of power angle though. When the Gulf Cartel was undoubtedly the top dog, you didn't see this violence. In Chicago, when there was a clear hierarchy to the underworld, you didn't see the daily violence you see there now. Look at the worlds most powerful crime groups, the the Bratva, the Yakuza, the Cosa Nostra, etc.

They have fully intergrated themselves into the state, to such a level that mass violent outbreaks are rare. In the US, the violenc of the 1920's and 30's died away as made guys moved into positions of power in industry, finance, politics, entertainment.

In Canada the really powerful guys don't sell dope onto street dealers, they run O&G firms or the agriculture industry. The same in Russia, Britian, Italy, Japan, and so on. But narcotics is not a matured industry yet, so these guys are still fighting to hold a chair when the music stops. We saw this happen when factions were brutalizing each other during the early 20th century in the Soviet Union. No side had enough control to maintain dominance, so they turned to shock and awe to cover for their weakness. It happened when the European descended governments massacred the Amerinians in the US and Canada a couple of hundred years ago. Despite having a claim over large swathes of land, DC/Ottawa didn't really control it. It happend in Japan a hundred years before that, where the Shogunate in Kyoto had little realy power at the edges of his 'kingdom'.

I'm not a fan of SLO politically speaking. But his political calculus seems to be based on the idea that if he throws his weight behind a traditional power like the Sinola cartel, they will become so powerful that all the other cartels will be wiped out and the gangsters can go back to shooting each other in the back and taking a cut to leave civilians alone, like in most other countries.

The story is about a prison massacre, and you guys brought up immigration policy, so he has a point. {<shrug}

Guards have no control over anything but the outside walls down in those prisons.

They toss you in, lock the door behind you and then it's a free for all with prison gangs running the show.

This aligns with the lack of power angle though. When the Gulf Cartel was undoubtedly the top dog, you didn't see this violence. In Chicago, when there was a clear hierarchy to the underworld, you didn't see the daily violence you see there now. Look at the worlds most powerful crime groups, the the Bratva, the Yakuza, the Cosa Nostra, etc.

They have fully intergrated themselves into the state, to such a level that mass violent outbreaks are rare. In the US, the violenc of the 1920's and 30's died away as made guys moved into positions of power in industry, finance, politics, entertainment.

In Canada the really powerful guys don't sell dope onto street dealers, they run O&G firms or the agriculture industry. The same in Russia, Britian, Italy, Japan, and so on. But narcotics is not a matured industry yet, so these guys are still fighting to hold a chair when the music stops. We saw this happen when factions were brutalizing each other during the early 20th century in the Soviet Union. No side had enough control to maintain dominance, so they turned to shock and awe to cover for their weakness. It happened when the European descended governments massacred the Amerinians in the US and Canada a couple of hundred years ago. Despite having a claim over large swathes of land, DC/Ottawa didn't really control it. It happend in Japan a hundred years before that, where the Shogunate in Kyoto had little realy power at the edges of his 'kingdom'.

I'm not a fan of SLO politically speaking. But his political calculus seems to be based on the idea that if he throws his weight behind a traditional power like the Sinola cartel, they will become so powerful that all the other cartels will be wiped out and the gangsters can go back to shooting each other in the back and taking a cut to leave civilians alone, like in most other countries.

In purely relative terms, the Sinaloa cartel is greatly preferable to the CJNG just as they were to Los Zetas before them in a lesser of two evils sense. In relative terms, Sinaloa will leave ordinarily citizens, people, tourists, et al. alone. They are wildly more professional and it's in Mexico's interest that the government gives them a sort of shadow backing between factions.

I guess the only caveat is that the Zetas came to be as a splinter group from the Gulf cartel itself and it ultimately greatly eroded their influence and power. Similarly, CJNG is a direct descendant of Sinaloa itself splintering after the death of Ignacio Coronel Villarreal in 2010, who was essentially top command in Jalisco and Michaocan with a level of power only below El Chapo and El Mayo Zambada.

Back