PrimeTime MMA Training Gloves vs. Combat Sports MMA Training Gloves

Gaylon Cooper

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
It has come down to these two choices for me. What are your guys thoughts on them?

I was going to put this in the MMA glove post, but I think that this is diffrent enough to warrent it's own post

Discuss.

Are you going to be sparring or using the heavybags? More info would help us help you find the right choice.

How about for sparring, i didnt start the thread but im lookin for some sparring gloves. Used gloves while wrestling for the first time the otherday, ppl at my gym use 4oz to train...i came home with a black eye, split lip on top and bottom, and busted veins/vesseles..spiderweb lookin crap on my ribs. Some 8oz gloves sound nice right about now.

I actually just got my CSI Gloves today, Thanks Joe. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, tomorro I will be able to. My thoughts first off the bat are they have awesome padding ideal for sparring, but I would go a size up as for me at least a Large runs a tad small. Also unlike some of the other gloves I have it is ESSENTIAL to break these bad boys in first! They come out stiff but after about 30 minutes of bending them for 5 minutes then switching they feel much better. I will post a detailed review when I get to spar in them tomorrow. The Primetimes are great bag gloves IMO if you want the MMA Glove, but good solid support and protection like a boxing glove. I will give you my recommendation tomorrow. Later

codysweet02 said:
How about for sparring, i didnt start the thread but im lookin for some sparring gloves. Used gloves while wrestling for the first time the otherday, ppl at my gym use 4oz to train...i came home with a black eye, split lip on top and bottom, and busted veins/vesseles..spiderweb lookin crap on my ribs. Some 8oz gloves sound nice right about now.

oh w0w yeah don't be using 4 oz gloves, lol you are asking for some nasty injuries if you arent careful.

codysweet02 said:

Righ now we are using those JKD Gloves and I really hate them for stand up work and to grapple do not get me started.

Gonna Post some pics here in a sec for you guys to see some nice shots

Don't use mma gloves on a heavy bag unless you want to get injured.

perfy said:
Don't use mma gloves on a heavy bag unless you want to get injured.

Nah you can get away with it with gloves that have finger sleeves and have top notch padding and hand wraps or tape wraps.

Primetimes are property of my school :( Somewhere on here some one had like 4-5 pictures of them, its here some where. I haven't used the prime times in a while anyways because I am hooked on KO FightGears 16 Ounce Boxing gloves, they are awesome, for bag work!

NP, You can PM me if you need anymore info, I will gladly help.

I use harbinger bag gloves with wraps and i have no problems they are pretty close to mma gloves. what injuries are you talking about perfy wrist problems?

Foxx_MMA said:
I use harbinger bag gloves with wraps and i have no problems they are pretty close to mma gloves. what injuries are you talking about perfy wrist problems?

I haven't had any issues aside from some elbow tendonitis. I always wrap my hands though so wrist and knuckle injuries aren't an issue. Others at my gym though have sustained numerous injuries but now that I think of it most never wrap their hands. Of course wrapping your hands requires gloves that are one size bigger which is why most people skip them and get injured. In retrospect as long as you wrap your hands it would be fine to use mma gloves.

Back