Prime Silva vs Prime Machida at 185: Who ya got and how?

If they would have had some sort of falling out during the time they were both champs, it would have been an exciting fight.

Let's say it's Machida coming off his win over Rashad vs Anderson after his destruction over Forrest. And let's have the fight at 205, because I always felt Machida was at his full strength at that weight class. Same could possibly be said for Anderson too. Machida might be able to have some success for a round and half with his tactical aggression. But eventually Anderson would get his timing and potentially catch him with something. But it's hard to say, because prime Machida was hard to catch with anything. Anderson wouldn't have Machida scared shitless before the fight even starts, so he wouldn't have that psychological edge. The wild card would be if Machida mixed up his striking with his takedowns. For some reason though, I don't think that would factor in and Machida would just keep the fight on the feet.

Machida by decision, or Anderson by second round KO.

7.gif

That was such an incredible win for Jones. That might be the most game Machida has ever been too.

Machida certainly did better against The Chris.

Machida is better against wrestlers thanks to his TDD.

But in a striker vs striker match up ... Silva has all the advantages. Range, power n chin with at least equal speed.

Silva KO's Machida for sure.

Also Silva did better vs Hendo and Franklin. See how that works.

Anderson but Machida would make things interesting.

Anderson would be busy doing his usual jazz hands, then Lyoto would deliver his one shot kill punch or take him down via sumo trip and submit him.

Machida is better against wrestlers thanks to his TDD.

But in a striker vs striker match up ... Silva has all the advantages. Range, power n chin with at least equal speed.

Silva KO's Machida for sure.

Also Silva did better vs Hendo and Franklin. See how that works.

Not all the advantages. Machida is faster.

You can't say he KO's him for sure, it's got decision written all over it for me.

During both of their primes Anderson said that lyoto schools him in training. Maybe he was just being humble, but there is that.

This would be a once ever boring fight. Like the most boring fight I could think of. There may be a jab and maybe a couple leg kicks landed in 25 minutes.

During both of their primes Anderson said that lyoto schools him in training. Maybe he was just being humble, but there is that.

Anderson is a humble guy. And some fighters shine brightest in the spotlight. That's Anderson. Seems like the kind of guy that would spend more time being creative/ trying new techniques between fights than a guy that would be focused on winning and losing sparring matches.

Anderson by KO. Best MMA striker ever by a wide margin.

Prime Silva would KO anyone on the feet.

I see it slightly different than a lot of people. Prime anderson didn't engage with fighters who weren't that aggressive, and playing the waiting point game would be an easy decision for machida

Not all the advantages. Machida is faster.

You can't say he KO's him for sure, it's got decision written all over it for me.

I dont see how Machida is faster but ok.

As for why there would be a KO .... Machida has awful recovery and is easy to rock. Luckily he was hard to hit.

Silvas power, range, technique and speed and more faith in his own chin during his prime should allow him to land the KO shot.

Back