• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prime (PRIDE Grand Prix) Shogun vs current Rumble.

I posted the quote of him saying he walks around at 230 and MW would not be possible already.

These are, his words...

yes, and I agree that he walks around at 230. there's no doubt in my mind that he does. however walking around weight =/= fighting weight, especially as our friend Shogun tends to let himself go between fights. when he was in excellent shape, he barely cut any water weight is my only point. How much water weight do you figure Rockhold cuts? It's probably 30 pounds...ie 5 pounds more than Shogun cut for the two fights he was in his prime shape....and he still wasn't as ripped as Rockhold. But yes, kind of a moot point because he will never move down to MW. He was considering it after getting KO'd by OSP but now he's not....

I hate to be one of those guys but there isnt a LHW ever on earth save for BOnes that could have contended with Shogun during that magical run. SHogun by whatever and however he wanted to win.

yes, and I agree that he walks around at 230. there's no doubt in my mind that he does. however walking around weight =/= fighting weight, especially as our friend Shogun tends to let himself go between fights. when he was in excellent shape, he barely cut any water weight is my only point. How much water weight do you figure Rockhold cuts? It's probably 30 pounds...ie 5 pounds more than Shogun cut for the two fights he was in his prime shape....and he still wasn't as ripped as Rockhold. But yes, kind of a moot point because he will never move down to MW. He was considering it after getting KO'd by OSP but now he's not....

Im not talking water weight or Rockhold, Im just stating his actual weight and the fact that he said he couldnt loose that much weight for mw.

It would be a bad idea even if he wasnt a big lhw

Im not talking water weight or Rockhold, Im just stating his actual weight and the fact that he said he couldnt loose that much weight for mw.

It would be a bad idea even if he wasnt a big lhw

bad idea now, considering MW is much more stacked than LHW. Wouldn't have been a bad idea back when it was Silva and then everyone else.....but bigger doesn't mean you weigh more than the next guy, if it's all fat. Nelson fought at 270 plus at one point, but you'd never say he was bigger than 'Reem. Jones walked around at 220-230 before his new powerlifting regime but you'd never say Shogun was as big as Jones, right?

bad idea now, considering MW is much more stacked than LHW. Wouldn't have been a bad idea back when it was Silva and then everyone else.....but bigger doesn't mean you weigh more than the next guy, if it's all fat. Nelson fought at 270 plus at one point, but you'd never say he was bigger than 'Reem. Jones walked around at 220-230 before his new powerlifting regime but you'd never say Shogun was as big as Jones, right?

If Nelson fought at 270 compared to Reems current 240 he is unquestionably bigger than reem by 30 lbs.

Weight is a measurement of mass someone 270>240lbs

Rua would have been destroyed at mw. The guys there are faster and more athletic. Sonnen choked him in a minute

If Nelson fought at 270 compared to Reems current 240 he is unquestionably bigger than reem by 30 lbs.

Weight is a measurement of mass someone 270>240lbs

Rua would have been destroyed at mw. The guys there are faster and more athletic. Sonnen choked him in a minute

well technically, weight isn't the same as mass :p but that's irrelevant here....never said Nelson would weigh less than Reem, that's just silly. I just said he'd be 'smaller'. Smaller as in....less bone and muscle weight. But yes, Shogun would have fared badly at MW for most of his UFC run. he looked very fast against Machida, who didn't even cut weight against Shogun the first time and was really a MW. He was on the decline when he cut down to 185 but he's still a top 10 fighter and Shogun handled him mostly. But the Pride Shogun was quick too...but why would he have cut to MW when he first got to the UFC when he was ranked number 1. There was never really a good time for him to cut...when he was carrying little enough weight to make the cut, he was on top of the 205 division, lol. And yeah, I wasn't TOO surprise Sonnen choked him (although I was very disappointed). Sonnen has an underrated ground game and I've lost count the number of times Shogun has left his neck out going for a takedown.

No one knows.

The best outcome I can really come up with is the result of Shogun vs Rampage as Rumble is very similar to Rampage with lesser boxing.

Rumble by career ending KO

Shogun doesn't even belong in the same league as Rumble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back