Prime Johnny Hendricks vs Stephen Thompson, who would win?

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pre USADA, diuretic, pre restaurant disaster, pre weight cut trouble, prime Johnny Hendricks vs "Wonderboy" Stephen Thompson in his prime.

Honestly, prime Hendricks (thinking vs Fitch, Kampmann and Condit) was uber agressive which would play into Wonderboys hands.

Just a poor style match up, USADA or not.

Hendricks was in his prime and he got the shit kicked out of him. The things you listed are just Sherdog memes.

Like the actual match went.

I actually think Prime Hendricks would edge him out, but it would be a close fight

I honestly believe he lost his soul to the Lawler fights, USADA, and bad dieting

Honestly, prime Hendricks (thinking vs Fitch, Kampmann and Condit) was uber agressive which would play into Wonderboys hands.

Just a poor style match up, USADA or not.

Agreed, what exactly was a prime Hendricks? a more aggressive and powerful version of the current one with superior wrestling, he still has the same offensive patterns, no unique angles like a Thompson, the biggest difference between Woodley and Hendricks is Woodley has blitzing speed and judges range and striking angles much better which is why he had success against Thompson and Hendricks didn't.

I actually think Prime Hendricks would edge him out, but it would be a close fight

I honestly believe he lost his soul to the Lawler fights, USADA, and bad dieting
He beat Matt Brown after his last fight to Lawler.
USADA I can buy.

Johnny was in the shape of his life going into his fight with WB.

Back