Prime Hughes vs prime (current) Khabib

Quite a few people in here agree with me. It’s a difference of opinion mate, no need to get worked up over it. There’s no way you’ve been watching that long for you to be acting in this fashion.
I've been watching long enough to know Hughes is a legit grappler. You dont seem to know much do you?

I'm a big Hughes fan but this would be tough to call. Hughes wouldn't be a particularly big WW by today's standards and Khabib is huge for 155.

Hughes definitely has more tools in the arsenal and likely could stuff the vast majority of his takedowns (he did stuff GSP's for example).

I'd favor Hughes ever so slightly simply by more well rounded.

new generation is always better

Khabib > GPS

Woodley > GPS

Ngannou > Fedor

Conor > BJ

Joshua > Ali

Wilder > Tyson

Loma > Floyd

<RawexDidThis1>

I laugh every time you post. Still not sure if it is intentional stupidity or just blind naviete.

GSP mauls Khabib at any point in either of their respective careers. The only proviso here is if GSP can make a healthy cut to 155. At 170 he eats him alive.

Fedor in his prime fought plenty of guys like Ngannou , Gary Goodridge comes to mind. He weather's Ngannou's 3 minutes of flailing and beats him soundly

Woodley beats GSP? lol ya ok. Rory embarrassed Woodley and GSP is better at everything than Rory is.

Conor - BJ, again a joke. Prime Penn (whenever that was) had a granite chin and serious Takedowns and subs. Conor gets subbed in round 1

Not a boxing forum, the others don't matter.

It's obvious you are a recent fan of MMA. Christ, watch some of the older fights of these guys before talking out of your ass.

Neither fighter gets a takedown and it turns into a sloppy, boring kickboxing bout.

Khabib fucks Hughes on the feet, it's a no brainer... Hughes had Jon Fitch level of Striking.

I've been watching long enough to know Hughes is a legit grappler. You dont seem to know much do you?

I never said Hughes wasn't a legit grappler, I just said that Khabib is better than him. You're not well educated are you?

I never said Hughes wasn't a legit grappler, I just said that Khabib is better than him. You're not well educated are you?
Saying Khabib is a better grappler than him without anything to really validate is very silly. The guy defeated various legit grapplers in his day which is something that cant be said about Khabib, your 'assessment' is poor and noobish.

I'm sure Hughes would grapple immediately, show casing his farm boy strength. This is where its interesting as its a toss up. People used to say Hughes wrestled bigger guys too.

Remember Khabib is said to outrgapple bigger wrestlers all the time in training, even DC. So who you think would win? Fight would be at WW.

Also, not even sure how much bigger Hughes was, if any.. Fighters cut less weight back then.

Prime Hughes at 170 wins..at 155 probably khabib..Hughes was unbelievablly strong for his size..he did what khabib did at 155 but to 170lbers..think of the slams he's pulled off vs the trips khabib hits.. and Hughes is much more accomplished submission wise then khabib..khabib great at riding and controlling and landing several strikes but he's not going to pummel you into a submission like Hughes he's too controled for that he would rather keep position and hit u all night..where prime Hughes is looking to snatch up send u flying and get you out of there asap

Does it make a difference if one has consumed a country breakfast?

Saying Khabib is a better grappler than him without anything to really validate is very silly. The guy defeated various legit grapplers in his day which is something that cant be said about Khabib, your 'assessment' is poor and noobish.

From what I've seen in Khabib's fights and in Matt Hughes fights, I think Khabib would win a hypothetical fight. I"m sure he's beaten much better grapplers in his sambo tournaments anyway, not his fault he hasn't fought anyone as good as Hughes in MMA yet (that I remember anyway).

This is something you or I will never be able to prove man, they'll never fight. I'm sure you're one of those good old Americans who jacks off to Matt Hughes' old fights while polishing your shotgun, and you can't conceive that anyone could ever beat your boy. Newsflash: MMA has evolved a lot since his day, he'd not do as well today that's for sure.

Back