Prime Hendricks crushes any version of Rory MacDonald - Agree or disagree?

The Blob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's get both of these chaps at their best.

The Hendricks that diedededed Kampmann vs the Rory that schooled Woodley.

I think Hendricks is easily the better/more powerful grappler, and will take Rory down fairly easily. After that, when the fight starts to spend more time on the feet, Johny would close the distance and land on his chin and brittle nose at will, and knock him out. Hendricks gets it done in Rd 2 in a 3 rounder, and Rd 3 in a 5 rounder.

The durability/chin advantage for Johny would be huge in this matchup.

What say you?

When both are in their prime - Rory avoids the big shots, lands the better shots from distance, nothing too significant happens on the ground and Rory wins a decision.

When both are in their prime - Rory avoids the big shots, lands the better shots from distance, nothing too significant happens on the ground and Rory wins a decision.
Eh maybe

But if GSP with his lightning fast jab and side kicks couldn't keep Johny off him, I don't see how Rory can.....but that's just me.

Hendricks had much better striking than Rory ever had.

GSP had better striking and grappling than Rory has ever had. Hendricks beat GSP standing pretty easily.

Eh maybe

But if GSP with his lightning fast jab and side kicks couldn't keep Johny off him, I don't see how Rory can.....but that's just me.

Rory has a height and reach advantage and puts it to good use.

Theres a good chance we still havent seen Rorys prime.

But yea i agree as of now. Rory doesnt have the wrestling. And he also isnt Robbie Fuckin Lawler, who hits like a truck. Robbie is the perfect kind of guy to beat Hendricks. And hes 1-1 with him.

Were gonna see what Rorys made of. He took some hard losses. If hes as good as everyone thinks he will win this tourny.

I dont think he will.

Good fight. I give Rory the edge via being longer.

Rory beats him in the prime.

Hendrick's wrestling accomplishments dwarf Rory's. But Rory's application for wrestling to MMA is very solid. I think Rory has the more diverse overall skillset, and Hendricks has massive power in those hands. Rory avoids striking pretty well with his own boxing skill. Hendricks could catch him, but I'd give the overall edge to Rory in a decision. Very active jab and combos in comparison to Hendricks hunting for power shots.

Good match-up, but Rory’s versatility would cause problems for Hendricks. Hendricks had a strong left hand, but otherwise very rote / predictable striking, and used his wrestling mostly to wall-n-stall. Rory could drag him into deep waters, and pick him apart from range for a decision. Just my opinion.

McDonald's best days are over and the Johnny Hendricks that fought st Pierre would dominate Rory

Prime UFC Rory beats him via better execution of a game plan.

It's hard to pick against Rory if he's $100%.

Johnny can only win via KO (which is possible) and I can see Rory winning multiple ways.

the rory that fought tarec safferdine on that night was the best ww on the planet.

Red King gets the W, but I like the fight.

McDonald's best days are over and the Johnny Hendricks that fought st Pierre would dominate Rory
I strongly disagree on both counts, rory is young and dominating.... and Hendricks (pre-usada) beat a mentally exhausted ready to retire GSP

I'd favour Hendricks in his prime he was outboxing Lawler using beautiful head movement and combos and when offence came his way his that made him uncomfortable his defence wasn't the greatest but he knew how to instantly turn it into a takedown or grinding clinch fight. I think his offence, and smart aggression would get him a decision.

Prime Hendricks that arguably beat GSP ( I thought he did when watching live ), probably beats or is dead even with anyone ever at WW.

He is a perfect example of a fighter who if you didn't see fight during his reign you think he's trash but if you saw him work you know he is one of the best to do it at WW

He beats Rory imo, I think Rory has room to grow though

Watch how Rory nullified Tyrons power with his footwork and jab. Controlled the range the entire fight IIRC. Underrated performance

I mean it really comes down to if there is USADA testing or not. That is what decides this fight.

Prime Hendricks that arguably beat GSP ( I thought he did when watching live ), probably beats or is dead even with anyone ever at WW.

He is a perfect example of a fighter who if you didn't see fight during his reign you think he's trash but if you saw him work you know he is one of the best to do it at WW

He beats Rory imo, I think Rory has room to grow though
Hendricks is USADA's biggest victim. Hendrick's career took a nose dive off the Empire State building when the UFC brought them into the fold.

But when Johnny was climbing the ranks he was a beast.

Back