• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prime Chuck vs prime Machida

Whoa, was "Chocolate L" always a thing? I may be late to the party, but it is the coolest thing ever.

Someone on here’s nephew or little cousin referred to him as Chocolate L and the poster shared it with the forum. Sherdog thought it was the coolest thing and it became a Sherdog meme.

This is utterly stupid and implies that prime Machida was even remotely as dominant as prime Chuck. Prime Shogun would be a more reasonable discussion although it has been done to death.
Someones butt hurts tee hee

liddell-ko-overeem.gif

2hftekw.jpg
This is the proper response. Show the Shogun ko of Lyoto.

Well, Prime Chuck got fucked up by Randy and Rampage (twice), so it's not impossible to see him getting caught against Machida. I take Machida because when he was in his prime he was damned near unhittable.

Liddell via superior chin and power, similar everything else

Although never underestimate Machida's ability to point fight and "evade" in an octagon

machida was better and should win it.. thing is chuck had an insane ability to take a punch back in his day so if machida were to use one of his blitz attacks vs chuck, which wouldn't be a good idea, Chuck might take those shots and since he also was a counter striker he might have been able to put Machida down.. machida would have had to play it very smart, out point him and get out of there.

it woulda been a very interesting fight and I wish we had gotten to see it.

They’re both counter fighters and Machida is better at it. Chuck had this crazy timing, accuracy and awkward power though. I wouldn’t count him out. I didn’t like him when he was in his prime. Always rooted against him. Looking back though, I have to say he was a beast.

He beat Prime Randy worst than most HWs.
Randy was not in his prime when he lost to Liddell

Would Chuck be allowed to eye-poke Machida? That could change everything.

Looping HAYMAKERS don't usually land anymore in this era of mma.
to be fair,at this point,chuck was very fast with this punch. But Machida's reaction speed,i do not think he could get machida with this,and get frustrated at machidas continuous evasion,and thats when hed get sloppy and tired. Thats when machida would strike on the increasing openings.

I think Machida. I don't see Chuck's win condition as anything other than a big punch or somehow convincing Machida to brawl. It's not like he would have wasted energy trying to score points with takedowns. Either Machida outpoints him by just moving constantly and picking shots, or chuck gets so frustrated he goes crazy and opens himself up a lot.

He just beat the snot out of Tito and Vitor. Then after he got KOd by Liddell twice, he went up and dominated Big Tim and Gonzaga.
Stop.

Not everyone's "prime" is so easily made clear. Randy's style worked for him in his old age.

He just beat the snot out of Tito and Vitor. Then after he got KOd by Liddell twice, he went up and dominated Big Tim and Gonzaga.
He was still in his late 30s-early 40s in the 2nd Liddell fight. Hardly a man's physical peak.

This is utterly stupid and implies that prime Machida was even remotely as dominant as prime Chuck. Prime Shogun would be a more reasonable discussion although it has been done to death.

Chuck was so dominant because he was continually eyepoking the shit out of people to lead to his finishes and fighting inferior competition.

As soon as the caliber of fighters he faced went up his fan base claims he got chinny

Chuck was so dominant because he was continually eyepoking the shit out of people to lead to his finishes and fighting inferior competition.

As soon as the caliber of fighters he faced went up his fan base claims he got chinny
The caliber? You mean prime Belfort, Tito, Randleman, and prime Couture, and Pride era Overeem? Are you really this stupid?

The caliber? You mean prime Belfort, Tito, Randleman, and prime Couture, and Pride era Overeem? Are you really this stupid?

tito was never a great striker nor was randleman or couture they were wrestlers first and foremost. Pre horse meat over reem wasnt the same beast he was later.

We are left with vitor . As i said once he faced more striking based fighters he continually got starched because he had a lot of glaring holes in his abilities.

tito was never a great striker nor was randleman or couture they were wrestlers first and foremost. Pre horse meat over reem wasnt the same beast he was later.

We are left with vitor . As i said once he faced more striking based fighters he continually got starched because he had a lot of glaring holes in his abilities.
You are exhibiting a level of stupidity bordering on the absurd. He got chinny because he was 37 going on 38 and still fighting Rampage and Rashad. Their careers cannot hold a candle to Chuck. You could make an argument for Rampage as top 5 LHW, but Tito had a better career.

ONLY calling him Chocolate L from now on, that's fucking gold.

Anyways, definitely going with Machida. I think in this battle of two counterstrikers, the faster and more patient man has the advantage. And Machida's ground game has always been underrated.

Machida UD
yeah that nickname is gold

Back