• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Prime BJ Penn vs Khabib

Who wins

• Total voters

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Who you got

I talking khabib vs Diego BJ
When he had a powerful four pack and was doing foot excersizes with the Marinovichs like it was nobodies business and lifting Rocks out of pools and shit

Or maybe powerful baby Jay when he was making fireball kids bleed like it was going out of style and licking blood off his gloves because my man didnt give a shit about hepatitis

Whichever you consider prime BJ

Vs the current number one LW - Khabib "Habib" numagomedov

Prodigy vs Eagle

GO!
@BC

Baby Jay would box up Khalobeeb while hopping around on one leg and then after 2 rounds of jabbing his face into Bolivian he would RNC the playboi in round 3

jsect2.gif

giphy.gif

BJ beat the 2nd greatest WW ever twice and gave the GOAT hell. Far better than Khabib standing and possessed wicked TDD. Khabib is formidable but I hardly see how he can win against a prime Penn.

BJ beat the 2nd greatest WW ever twice and gave the GOAT hell. Far better than Khabib standing and possessed wicked TDD. Khabib is formidable but I hardly see how he can win against a prime Penn.

Even past prime unmotivated B.J. Penn fitch’d Jon Fitch for 2 rounds.

Prime B.J. Penn would box up Khabib

I love BJ as much as the next but he was last generations understanding of the game and Khabib is the future and that's the difference.

They are both wicked talented athletes with natural gifts above most, but prime BJ did not have the knowledge that prime Khabib has.

BJ Penn is the most over rated LW (except maybe McGregor) ever. He would get smoked by Khabib, would not even be a close fight.

Explain your argument
Khabib is bigger, stronger, tougher (he would not quit on his stool) and a better wrestler. BJ Penn has an Artem Lobov level record whereas Khabib has lost only one round. BJ Penn is a legend for taking on all comers at different weight classes but is not a even a top five all time LW. He's been tooled by several FWs.

Always been a big BJ Penn fan, but I think Khabibs relentlessness would wear BJ down too much, especially over 5 rounds.

Prime BJ even gave pre-ACL tear GSP a tough fight, and beat Hughes.

BJ would kill khabib

Baby J for sure. Much better striking, godly take down defence and a chin that wouldn’t get cracked.

BJ would mostlikely crack khabib with a strike standing and follow him to the ground to take his back and rnc him.

BJ Penn at his absolute best I would give a slight edge due to being the more complete fighter. However, BJ at his absolute best was not always a sure thing due to his so-so training camps and Khabib has great cardio and can pressure a fighter with great wrestling/grappling/GnP for five full rounds. Three round fight I can see BJ winning 2 or 3 rounds especially on the feet in R1. Five round fight, I see Khabib probably winning rounds 4 and 5. Khabib probably weighs more in the cage, but that probably doesn't matter given that Penn fought Machida, GSP 2x, Hughes 3x, Fitch, MacDonald, Nick Diaz, etc. who were all bigger fighters. If you were to erase the losses Penn had on his record where he fought at 170 and above rather than staying at his natural weight class of 155, his record would have looked much better. Very few people at 155 were able to get past R1 with prime BJ Penn and this is coming from a GSP fan who obviously didn't like Penn for all his shit talk aimed at GSP over the years.

I'm not a Penn lover at all...But...

I do believe he would stuff the shit out of Khabib's takedowns. Khabib relies heavily on a single leg that he usually fails in the center and usually gets better odds after backing the other guy against the cage to finish it.

This is the exact type of wrestler BJ was good against.

Frankie had amazing speed and a great/fast double. Even his single was a blitz for Penn. This is how he was successful...Sheer speed and timing.

GSP with his pre-knee surgery knees...had a very quick/powerful double leg. He would body them through the gut they were already off their feet before his arms were wrapped around the legs.

Khabib isn't that type of wrestler. He is relentless and strong yes, but his actual takedowns heavily require the cage.

BJ is amazing at defending the single...And if you watch his fights against all those wrestlers who got him against the cage...They had an almost impossible task of getting him down from there.

It's a fight I would like to see, but with the current state of both fighters...It would be a meat grinding slaughter for Penn. He would look like Chuck or maybe worse.

16-12-2 fighter vs undefeated 27-0 fighter...

Hmmmm, this is a difficult one lol.

:rolleyes:

I think BJ would handle the early onslaught and pull off a sub in rounds 2 or 3.

I would back Khabib to learn from the loss and win the rematch on points.

Who wins the trilogy? I will need to think about it!

16-12-2 fighter vs undefeated 27-0 fighter...

Hmmmm, this is a difficult one lol.

:rolleyes:

BJ's record is deceiving.

He took on guys from all sorts of weights and promotions. His recent looses are because he's shot!

No matter how many times we see this thread(and its been many many times) the answer is never going to change.

Khabib takes him down at will and caves BJs fucking face in

Back