1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Prime Andrew Golota vs Prime Buster Douglas

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by savemgs, Oct 11, 2021.

1. savemgs Black Belt

Prime Andrew Golota vs Prime Buster Douglas How does it go down?

[​IMG]
    VS

[​IMG]

2. jeff7b9 Silver Belt

I think Golota stops him, but it would have been a fun fight. That's my gut instinct.

I feel like Buster was better from range, and a bit more fluid and loose with his combinations, where Golota would have held the advantage at close range.

Golata is a mean son of a gun though, but he had issues dealing with speed and power and could be mentally broken. He was a bully basically; mean and aggressive when he was winning and looked for a way out if faced with a guy who he couldn't intimidate or impose his will on.

If Buster showed up inspired like he did against Iron Mike, I think he survives the early onslaught and wins in the second half of the fight.

Also Golota had a way of coming up short in big fights, so maybe he folds under the pressure, particularly if there was a title on the line or if it was on a big tentpole event with a lot of media attention.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    savemgs likes this.
  3. JSN Titanium Belt

Was that Bowe he low blowed into bolivian twice? The fucked yo thing is he was doing whatever he wanted and still got himself DQ’d.

LangfordBarrow, HHJ, savemgs and 2 others like this.
  4. jeff7b9 Silver Belt

Yup. He also bit a guy on the neck in a fight and had a habit of head butting.

He was up on the scorecards both times against Bowe. The 2nd fight was ridiculous, I think he had 3 or more over the top obvious low blow incidents, got points taken away for low blows once and for a headbutt and finished off the fight with a 3 piece power combo to the boy parts. And they weren't a little low, like on the waist, they were basically hooks and uppercuts directly at the balls.

And he had dropped Bowe a few times too, so it really wasn't that close of a fight, even with 2 separate point deductions he was still up 75-71 on one card. Bowe was exhausted, had taken tons of punishment, all Golota had to do was coast thru a few more late rounds and he would have become world champ but he couldn't resist assaulting the bean bag.

Screenshot_20211011-170114.png

5. JSN Titanium Belt

Thanks- I did remember that correctly. One of the weirdest moments in sports history and it happened twice. WTF?

savemgs and jeff7b9 like this.
  6. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Maybe they teach low blows as a way to get out of a fight in Poland? Funny that the last time I remember a fighter intentionally fouling out for low blows as Kownacki just did was Golota, and they are both Polish heavyweights.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    savemgs, JSN and jeff7b9 like this.
  7. JSN Titanium Belt

No wonder brexit happened. I wouldn’t want them coming into my country either.

savemgs, GeneTunney7 and Olenac12 like this.
  8. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

Golota

savemgs likes this.
  9. listrahtes Black Belt

Predicting a Golota fight is impossible. No way to know. This guy has more than a screw loose.
    A legit crazy person. If Buster is leading he could bite him in the balls or whatever.

Only regarding skill level I would favour Golota but really its not possible to think that rational about him.
    Golota had all the tools to beat everyone but well the brain was never there.

Fluffernutter, Dece, jeff7b9 and 2 others like this.
  10. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

I'd almost be tempted to pick prime Buster. Golota would likely be up on the cards at the time he either gets himself DQ'ed by cheating or he finds a way to quit (as he did in the Grant & Tyson fights). Just like he was up in both Bowe fights until he sabotaged those by cheating and getting himself DQ'ed both times. He had a penchant for breaking the rules too often and he was mentally weak.

savemgs likes this.
  11. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Douglas.

savemgs likes this.
  12. Dece Orange Belt

Golota with the low blow KO.

RogerB08 and savemgs like this.
  13. savemgs Black Belt

Looks like this would have been a fun one.

14. deucesarewild Purple Belt

I just never understood how Golota could throw away two fights by DQ where he was winning.

Prex32 and Kovalev's "Man Bag" like this.
  15. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Me neither. But, it happened.

16. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

Since Douglas is better than a journeyman, he would win.

17. JSN Titanium Belt

The only thing that makes sense outside of the most likely reason (him being a nutter) would be that he had to take a dive for some reason but he was too proud to work the fight like a pro wrestler.

Kovalev's "Man Bag" likes this.
  18. HHJ Fuckin' SHOOTOUT

Golota by 3 punch combination to the balls

19. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

I think you're right. It's either because he is certifiably nuts or that he possibly took a dive. I don't think there's a third option here? He sabotaged his career with those two Bowe fights, really. Quitting against Grant & Tyson surely didn't help him any either.

JSN likes this.
  20. JSN Titanium Belt

Who knows truth is stranger than fiction. I read something that people said he wasn’t very good at assessing when he was winning or losing, so maybe he thought he was losing the Bowe fights. Intriguing mechanism on the crazy person side for sure.

Kovalev's "Man Bag" likes this.