Prime Andrew Golota vs Prime Buster Douglas

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Prime Andrew Golota vs Prime Buster Douglas How does it go down?

DSxS74LX0AACy6w.jpg

VS

james-douglas-2.jpg

I think Golota stops him, but it would have been a fun fight. That's my gut instinct.

I feel like Buster was better from range, and a bit more fluid and loose with his combinations, where Golota would have held the advantage at close range.

Golata is a mean son of a gun though, but he had issues dealing with speed and power and could be mentally broken. He was a bully basically; mean and aggressive when he was winning and looked for a way out if faced with a guy who he couldn't intimidate or impose his will on.

If Buster showed up inspired like he did against Iron Mike, I think he survives the early onslaught and wins in the second half of the fight.

Also Golota had a way of coming up short in big fights, so maybe he folds under the pressure, particularly if there was a title on the line or if it was on a big tentpole event with a lot of media attention.

Last edited:
I think Golota stops him, but it would have been a fun fight. That's my gut instinct.

I feel like Buster was better from range, and a bit more fluid and loose with his combinations, where Golota would have held the advantage at close range.

Golata is a mean son of a gun though, but he had issues dealing with speed and power and could be mentally broken. He was a bully basically; mean and aggressive when he was winning and looked for a way out if faced with a guy who he couldn't intimidate or impose his will on.

If Buster showed up inspired like he did against Iron Mike, I think he survives the early onslaught and wins in the second half of the fight.

Also Golota had a way of coming up short in big fights, so maybe he folds under the pressure, particularly if there was a title on the line or if it was on a big tentpole event with a lot of media attention.
Was that Bowe he low blowed into bolivian twice? The fucked yo thing is he was doing whatever he wanted and still got himself DQ’d.

Was that Bowe he low blowed into bolivian twice? The fucked yo thing is he was doing whatever he wanted and still got himself DQ’d.
Yup. He also bit a guy on the neck in a fight and had a habit of head butting.

He was up on the scorecards both times against Bowe. The 2nd fight was ridiculous, I think he had 3 or more over the top obvious low blow incidents, got points taken away for low blows once and for a headbutt and finished off the fight with a 3 piece power combo to the boy parts. And they weren't a little low, like on the waist, they were basically hooks and uppercuts directly at the balls.

And he had dropped Bowe a few times too, so it really wasn't that close of a fight, even with 2 separate point deductions he was still up 75-71 on one card. Bowe was exhausted, had taken tons of punishment, all Golota had to do was coast thru a few more late rounds and he would have become world champ but he couldn't resist assaulting the bean bag.

Screenshot_20211011-170114.png

Yup. He also bit a guy on the neck in a fight and had a habit of head butting.

He was up on the scorecards both times against Bowe. The 2nd fight was ridiculous, I think he had 3 or more over the top obvious low blow incidents, got points taken away for low blows once and for a headbutt and finished off the fight with a 3 piece power combo to the boy parts. And they weren't a little low, like on the waist, they were basically hooks and uppercuts directly at the balls.

And he had dropped Bowe a few times too, so it really wasn't that close of a fight, even with 2 separate point deductions he was still up 75-71 on one card. Bowe was exhausted, had taken tons of punishment, all Golota had to do was coast thru a few more late rounds and he would have become world champ but he couldn't resist assaulting the bean bag.

View attachment 884423
Thanks- I did remember that correctly. One of the weirdest moments in sports history and it happened twice. WTF?

Maybe they teach low blows as a way to get out of a fight in Poland? Funny that the last time I remember a fighter intentionally fouling out for low blows as Kownacki just did was Golota, and they are both Polish heavyweights.

Last edited:
Maybe they teach low blows as a way to get out of a fight in Poland? Funny that the last time I remember a fighter intentionally fouling out for low blows Kownacki just did was Golota, and they are both Polish heavyweights.
No wonder brexit happened. I wouldn’t want them coming into my country either.

Predicting a Golota fight is impossible. No way to know. This guy has more than a screw loose.
A legit crazy person. If Buster is leading he could bite him in the balls or whatever.

Only regarding skill level I would favour Golota but really its not possible to think that rational about him.
Golota had all the tools to beat everyone but well the brain was never there.

I'd almost be tempted to pick prime Buster. Golota would likely be up on the cards at the time he either gets himself DQ'ed by cheating or he finds a way to quit (as he did in the Grant & Tyson fights). Just like he was up in both Bowe fights until he sabotaged those by cheating and getting himself DQ'ed both times. He had a penchant for breaking the rules too often and he was mentally weak.

Looks like this would have been a fun one.

Golota by 3 punch combination to the balls

The only thing that makes sense outside of the most likely reason (him being a nutter) would be that he had to take a dive for some reason but he was too proud to work the fight like a pro wrestler.
I think you're right. It's either because he is certifiably nuts or that he possibly took a dive. I don't think there's a third option here? He sabotaged his career with those two Bowe fights, really. Quitting against Grant & Tyson surely didn't help him any either.

Reactions: JSN
I think you're right. It's either because he is certifiably nuts or that he possibly took a dive. I don't think there's a third option here? He sabotaged his career with those two Bowe fights, really. Quitting against Grant & Tyson surely didn't help him any either.
Who knows truth is stranger than fiction. I read something that people said he wasn’t very good at assessing when he was winning or losing, so maybe he thought he was losing the Bowe fights. Intriguing mechanism on the crazy person side for sure.

Back