Prime Anderson Silva vs. Jan Blachowicz - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Anderson would figure out jan’s entries on the takedowns and catch him. Jan isn’t that fast. He’s really skilled though on the feet and mixing in the takedowns. Still take Silva

Prime Anderson tapped to Japanese journeymen and cherry picked Griffin, Irvin and Bonnar. Jan would ground and pound him with ease.
chonan-silva.gif

QArYawe.gif

1/10

I love Jan, I will root for him against anyone in the division, but I just dont see him solving the prime Spider puzzle.

Anderson hits way harder than Adesanya. Jan isn't walking through his shots

I love Silva is like my childhood hero, but you guys really think Jan is not capable to do what Chael Sonnen en did but being bigger, stronger, better jaw, more well rounded and with much much more better striking (offensive and defensive).

I would really like to know why do you guys really think Silva has so many chances here.

I love the guy, but takedown and wrestling were his weaknesses

Don't think Andy would submit a champion that much bigger than him who happens to be a black belt.

This guy get's it.

My thoughts too.

This 1000%. Jan has good fundamental striking to not fall for Anderson's BS, similar to Bisping. He's way better in the standup compared to the other 205'ers Anderson fought. Jan has the reach/height/technique/power to keep up with Anderson, as he did with Israel.

On top of that he has his grappling and he would likely ragdoll Anderson similar to how Chael did, maybe even worse. He can also just lay and pray him.

I honestly think the fight would look almost the exact same as Jan vs Izzy did.

Silva would've given Jan more work on the ground, but he'd also have gotten taken down quicker.
You would honestly be correct. Silva has worst TDD defense but better BJJ, so Jan would have to be careful, but Jan himself is a blackbelt at BJJ and likely has better defensive BJJ compared to Chael.

Prime anderson got wrestle fucked by chael. What do you think jan would have done. especially someone who took izzy down multiple times recently.

You and thought that Israel would wreck him as well. The truth is that if the bigger fighter is capable of fighting with just as much intelligence and technique than the smaller opponent then the bigger guy will win more times than not.

I didn't see any obvious holes fir Anderson to exploit in this particular fight. It's certainly not a lock one way or the other.
Oh I agree its not a lock, and yeah I thought Izzy was going to wreck Jan, but I definitely did see some stuff that Anderson could have exploited. I think he would have blitzed Jan for a finish, one of those crazy hands flying everywhere ones that he did.

And I agree, Jan fought with a ton of intelligence, totally shut Izzy's game down. He could do the same to Silva, but I doubt it. Silva is a far more varied striker than Izzy is. Izzy is better at the certain things that he does, but Silva has a far larger arsenal.

My comment was mostly aimed at @Chael_Sonnen as a joke
but I agree with you.

Jan is legit. I can't understand why ppl still doubt him.
Reyes almost decisioned Jones - Jan fucked Reyes up.
Izzy is a dominant MW champ - Jan dominated Izzy.

I doubted Jan as well (I bet on Izzy) - probably because I still saw him as that KSW guy who got TKOd by Soko - but he proved me wrong 100% and I don't doubt him no more. Jan is the real deal.
<BC1><GrassoBless>

50-50. Jan is very underrated still I think. I think he's significantly better than Forrest and worlds ahead of Bonnar and Irvin. He fought a very smart fight against Izzy and could conceivably do a similar thing vs Anderson. I don't see Andy doing anything against Jan on the mat.

Whilst I think Andy is probably better at this point than Israel, it wouldn't be a 'Andy dominates' kind of thing. It would probably be the hardest opponent he ever fought. The Cormier fight I don't even consider a real fight, it was a sparring fight with Cormier taking it easy and a wink and a nod between both fighters prior (IMO) to save UFC 200.

I honestly think the fight would look almost the exact same as Jan vs Izzy did.

Silva would've given Jan more work on the ground, but he'd also have gotten taken down quicker.
Tbh. Silva barely ever worked his way back to his feet. Silva would have done NOTHING on the ground.

If you seriously think Jan is a better fighter in any way than 2008 Dan Henderson, you are beyond hope for having a reasonable conversation. I look forward to seeing your threads about how Glover could beat anyone from any era as well (despite having numerous telling losses in his prime) if he beats Jan in his next fight :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
"Hardcore" fans always talk about hype and recency bias, not realizing that they suffer from the same type of nostalgic bias and fell for the hype back then.

Let's talk about factual evidence from the tapes. Jan is more well rounded, AND a better striker than ANYONE Silva has beaten, including Hendo.

Someone posted Dan knocking out Wanderlei. So what? Wanderlei was a juiced up brawler who was shot early because of the head trauma he took.

If a bigger, longer opponent chooses to fight intelligently then he's at an advantage. Jan is not a scrub like the 205ers Anderson beat and I've been saying this before the fight. Silva would have done nothing on the ground but accept defeat. Silva stays on his back for rounds at a time against far inferior grapplers.

On the feet, Silva would NOT just walk through Jan. Similar to Israel, Silva usually took the first round to get his opponents timing and assess them. Jan wasn't getting sucked into a wild brawl.

He very well likely would have beaten ANY 185er last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back