PRIDE-style MMA gloves

CHawkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been looking around and have not been able to find PRIDE-style MMA gloves, not even reproductions.

Is that because there is no interest in Pride-style gloves in North America? I have a pair of Combat Sports Cage Style gloves and I love them, but I'd also like to have some Pride-style gloves.

Anyone know of any brands that are more like Pride gloves than like UFC gloves?

If not, maybe I'll make them myself. :D

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/shop_cart/front/product_display.asp?product_id=231&page=2

I have a pair of Large gloves and let me say they are not for bag work at all or if you train by yourself. The laces are a bitch to do yourself once you have one of the gloves on. Also it skins your knuckles pretty bad when doing the heavy bag. I would also recommend going a size up since the nylon thumbing area tends to be not placed well and cuts off circulation to the thumb area so your thumb goes numb. overall I would give them a 6/10 just for being pride replicas and good looking gloves.

how is the sizig on them, cause i know those gloves ( the pride ones ) are from Japan. Is it a "Small" Large, a "Big" large or a "true" large??

I wear a large in century gloves and a large in pride gloves is what I ordered but I wish I would have gone with an X-large since they are sorta small. Go a size up def!

Thunderfightgear.com has a good looking replication I'm waiting to get mine but from other posters and people I train with that they are good. They were also the gear of the Pride US auditions so should be some good stuff.

i were a med in harbinger, soo im guessing a L in pride would be good. right?

socalgrappler said:
i were a med in harbinger, soo im guessing a L in pride would be good. right?

Correct.

There is also a Hybrid-X style posted by Jenrick a while back.

do you guys think they are worth the 90 bux for them though (after shipping and tax?)

Describe what you would use them for. I don't think they are worth it unless you are a collector and what some authentic Pride gloves. They will fuck up your knuckles and offer very little protection. I can see why Fedor is always fucking up his knuckles.

plan to pick some up, cause im going to see pride and want to get them singed an shit.

socalgrappler said:
plan to pick some up, cause im going to see pride and want to get them singed an shit.

oh w0w then yeah I would definitely get some. I plan on getting my signed by Silva when he comes here for a seminar in Nov.

Hi 2 all
I wanted to buy the replica too, but that 60$ shipping to vietnam is just killing me, so i'm working on having it made here, (without the lace system) and with a little more padding for sparring. and if u look at it closer, those replica don't look as good as the original (see the pading on the knucles) and maybe the color too, less rounded shape on the replica.
but the original one cost 200$ in japan.

We found the original manufacturer (by accident; but good accident!) they made the gloves for the first few years before Pride changed suppliers to a company in China (I believe). We have the original manufacturer making us some samples. We got the first one (a prototype) on Friday and took it to an event in the UK where EVERYONE who tried it on thought it was the best glove they had ever worn. I think realistically, we are 2 months away from having it available. They will be lace up with a wrist wrap. Price will be pretty good as well.

Fightgear UK said:
We found the original manufacturer (by accident; but good accident!) they made the gloves for the first few years before Pride changed suppliers to a company in China (I believe). We have the original manufacturer making us some samples. We got the first one (a prototype) on Friday and took it to an event in the UK where EVERYONE who tried it on thought it was the best glove they had ever worn. I think realistically, we are 2 months away from having it available. They will be lace up with a wrist wrap. Price will be pretty good as well.

fightgear have done it again. can't wait. don't get the replicas from miccs martial arts - they look poor in quality and there customer service is rubbish

Back