Pride-style gloves?

1PBCE1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Of course lots of old topics exist on this subject, but many of the suggested gloves are now discontinued.

So who right now makes the best pride-style gloves?

Pretty sure ouano provided them for a while, their site sells the ones that supposedly used. Look pretty sweet.

Ouano made the earlier UFC gloves, King Of The Cage gloves, and I'd expect the WEC gloves, too (like the blue ones on their site), but they never (that I've ever seen) made Pride-style gloves.

Isami made the ones that Sengoku used (which are very similar), but I don't think that particular style is available anymore (and they weren't cheap).

These are the Thunder "Pride" Gloves I posted, should give you an idea what they're like.
PRIDEPRO.jpg

And one of their "Western" style gloves (a Fairtex-like design)
prograppgl.jpg

Biggest difference between Pride-style gloves and Western-style gloves are teh Pride's lace-up closure with a velcro strap over it, a neoprene thumb sleeve and using leather loops to secure the fingers rather than the more enclosed fingers of the Western style.

There's a few "fighting road" japan gloves on sale on ebay. Rare to see them, so if you are interested better act fast!

Bodymaker in Japan makes them. They don't ship to the States though. Gotta find a friend to help you out.

Those look intriguing. For $23, might be an interesting option, depending on shipping.

Oh, and competition gloves are usually 4oz (or thereabouts, allowing for hand sizes and unavoidable manufacturing inconsistencies). 10oz is about 283g, which is their cheapest shipping rate. You need to factor in the additional packaging needed, say maybe half a kilo total.

For me, it'd come to about $40. The Thunder ones would be about $67. That being said, the Bodymaker gloves are coming from Japan and the shipping is only an estimate based on a guessed weight, so we really don't know how much it'd end up being (not to mention that their "translated" site still has a lot of untranslated Japanese and I'm only just starting to attempt to learn it).

There's a few "fighting road" japan gloves on sale on ebay. Rare to see them, so if you are interested better act fast!

Those are not a discontinued product.

You can still buy them direct from Fight Road's website, although you will be paying for shipping from Japan. And if I remember correctly, these are what Pancrase still use (although, I think I remember them being called "victory road"?).

http://translate.google.com/transla...p://www.fightingroad.co.jp/index.html&act=url

These are the closest in look and quality the the original Pride and Dream gloves. I do not remember who makes the ones for Dream, although I know that even in Japan if you do get a chance to get official Dream gloves, I think I remember them being at a cost of $300.

Those are not a discontinued product.

You can still buy them direct from Fight Road's website, although you will be paying for shipping from Japan. And if I remember correctly, these are what Pancrase still use (although, I think I remember them being called "victory road"?).

World Victory Road was the company behind the Sengoku promotion. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

PRIDE had numerous manufacturers. There is a collector who has around 10 of the first prototypes which included versions made by many of the companies mentioned above, Ouano, Thunder, Bodymaker, Winning, etc.

They do not sell them on their website but Bodymaker is the producer of the DREAM and PRIDE gloves, although they don't look to have a lace up version available to the public.

PRIDE had numerous manufacturers. There is a collector who has around 10 of the first prototypes which included versions made by many of the companies mentioned above, Ouano, Thunder, Bodymaker, Winning, etc.

They do not sell them on their website but Bodymaker is the producer of the DREAM and PRIDE gloves, although they don't look to have a lace up version available to the public.

Picture of the collection?

There are three pairs of official fight gloves on ebay for $2000+ a piece. If I had the money, I would drop it immediately. Those would be the jewel in my collection.

Back