Price for Second Hand Tatames?

scorcho

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My vale tudo school is doing some renovations, including putting in some new mats. My instructor told me that he would be willing to sell me some of the old rubber mats that we have used until now, so that I could make a small training area in my garage. The mats are pretty standard (the kind you see in a lot of gyms) and are 1x1 meters (ie 3x3 ft), about an inch and a half thick, rubberized, and hook together. I was thinking about buying 9 or 12 of them.

How much should I be willing to pay for these second hand mats? Does anyone know how much they cost new (I have heard around $35 a piece)?

Any info/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, no one has any thoughts on this. Oh well. Hopefully someone will turn up.

I'm sure I remember seeing them a lot cheaper than that, but they may have been lower quality...

Try to bargain with the guy a bit. Say you'll take them for 15 a piece and see what he says about it. You know how to haggle don't ya?

LCDforMe said:
Try to bargain with the guy a bit. Say you'll take them for 15 a piece and see what he says about it. You know how to haggle don't ya?
\

Yup.

I ended up getting them for $8 apiece, if anyone was interested. Thought I would let you know.

scorcho said:
I ended up getting them for $8 apiece, if anyone was interested. Thought I would let you know.

thats some haggling- be sure to post pictures if you can- of ur home gym

Sounds lika a fair price How old and worn were they?

That sounds like a great price. Good catch.

My haggling advice worked!

Thats awesome, sounds like a good buy man.

Back