Pressure fighting: fighting against turning and angles?

ElDiabloLoco503

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm using the peekaboo and while I'm cutting off the ring, I'm getting set up by people with CRAZY lateral movement like Lomachenko. These people get out of your centerline and throw punches on the side that you don't even see coming and you're powerless (see lomachenko vs piriyapinyo) A bad habit I see many boxers do is that they turn on the spot and they get set up by these punches. Is there a fight where a pressure fighter adjusts and effectively shuts down a boxer who gets out of the centerline using lateral movement like Lomanchenko?I'd like to find my own way using the fundamentals discussed while keeping an "in your face" type of pressure on a short rhythm like Joe Frazier. I've seen people like Mike Tyson do a step off to reset the distance, but i feel like sacrificing ring generalship is not my thing.

Part of it would be anticipating it I'm assuming. Use angles of your own and cut off the ring laterally instead of turning

Last edited:
Body hooks, parallel movement (side to side instead of rotation), fast entries and pressure, and been a switch hitter while you press.

Back