• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premier League Thread v. 198: Everyone is on Holiday Except Us Edition

Are you on Holiday yet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. All 3. FIRE SALE BABY. I laid out my Arsenal Economic Manifesto, it would/will never happen, but it's really possible considering that you guys have paid off a nice chunk of your stadium debt (props to Arsene for that)

And I don't know the goal stats game by game for Morata, but every game I've seen he's been the decider either in an opener or a game winner. He's clutch as fuck.

Horrible idea and impossible to pull off. None of those is going to sign up to play for us and be on the bench. You need to look at it from the player's perspective, considering that we play 1 striker.

Lukaku - Already been a bit part player at a bigger club and he didn't like it. Why would he want to risk being on the bench if we also had Laca and Morata?

Morata - Currently a bench player at a big club. See above.

Laca - Main striker at a medium sized club, no need to risk it.

Add to that, it's WC next summer and all of those guys will be aiming to be the main man for their national team. In our current predicament, we can get one of these guys by promising them the leading role and they can honestly look at Welbz and Giroud and think, "yeah, I'm the man" and then look at potential supply from Ozil and Alexis and be further convinced.. That's our appeal to any striker right now.

Horrible idea and impossible to pull off. None of those is going to sign up to play for us and be on the bench. You need to look at it from the player's perspective, considering that we play 1 striker.

Lukaku - Already been a bit part player at a bigger club and he didn't like it. Why would he want to risk being on the bench if we also had Laca and Morata?

Morata - Currently a bench player at a big club. See above.

Laca - Main striker at a medium sized club, no need to risk it.

Add to that, it's WC next summer and all of those guys will be aiming to be the main man for their national team. In our current predicament, we can get one of these guys by promising them the leading role and they can honestly look at Welbz and Giroud and think, "yeah, I'm the man" and then look at potential supply from Ozil and Alexis and be further convinced.. That's our appeal to any striker right now.
Yeah, that's why you should play 3
-------------Mourhata----
Lacazettee-------Lukaku--

Alexis can fuck off

best MNF moments of the season

I'm not a brit, and I don't ever tell people who to vote for, but I after reading this I don't think I could vote Labour, simply based on their view of the British infrastructure. I mean, woah, this is all backwards and bad, it makes no sense financially and the issues they're addressing are just based on really bad assumptions.

The most troubling is the housing issue. Jesus fucking Christ that's a hard read, because all of that happened to the U.S. 25 years ago and it ended with the worst recession (note: not depression) in our history.

The thing about "Access to Housing" is that, unless it is wholly government funded, it is going to introduce sub-prime mortagages. Those are bad. I wish I could come up with some fruitful metaphor or elaboration, but it's as simple as: When real estate investors don't have the money, they will create it out of thin air, sell other stuff to back up the idea of this money that doesn't exist, the market collapses, the investors either A)Ask for a bailout, recieve it, cripple the economy to the tune of the taxpayer (I promise it wont be any corporations) or B)Let the market fold and millions are in massive debt, homeless, or both.

Basically, do you remember when Tyrion found out this fucker
Littlefinger.gif
was making the ledgers? That's exactly what the housing crisis was (Thanks alot Mr. Clinton).

So what Corbyn and Labour are proposing is basically the ground work to sub-prime mortages so that they can stimulate the real-estate market short term.
This:
Gets people into homes (good)
Gets people into homes they can't afford (bad)
Gives them a mortage break (good)
Gives investors a practical loan on their loan (horrible)

So there's the incentive to sell to homes at lower ("affordable") cost, but it's paper-mache'. It can't sustain itself. People generally live to their wage.

There's a large level of contradiction too, when it comes to talking agriculture, as the manifesto states that it is against urban sprawl (fair imo), this leads to the eventuality of building in the country and slashing part of the agricultural economy. Not a large part of your economy (sub 1% I think), but that contradicts a brexit point made about export tariffs.

This is a mathematical study based on the market bubble in the US
OGV8uhO.png

(Original paper with data outline here: https://research.stlouisfed.org/wp/2012/2012-005.pdf, not a necessary read, just so you know it's not some right wing bullshit)
Not going to break down phd level math here, but just know...those are not good numbers. The most troubling breakdown of those numbers is:

Average loan amount: $294, 984 • Average FICO score in our sample is 632. This is consistent with the typical characterization of a subprime loan as one made to a borrower with a weak credit history • Loans with a prepayment penalty at origination: 89% • Loans made to refinance an existing loan (rather than to purchase a property): 65% • Average interest rate at origination: 6.74% • Loans defaulting within 2 years of origination: 15% • Loans originated in Florida: 39%

Very, very, very bad. I have a 720 credit score (moderately good) and I couldn't afford a mortgage on a $300,000 house with a 10k downpayment, and in the bubble, people with scores ON AVERAGE nearly 100 points worse than mine were buying $300,000 houses, mostly with loans on their downpayment. So it's a loan paying a loan to an investment bureau whose loan is ensured by the governement, who is insuring the loan with a tax-funded loan.

No, no, no, NO! Horrible.

This is labours plan. To build >1m new homes, that is going to cost a lot of money, and while yes, it will create new jobs, those are only temporary. These homes will not be cheap either. So lets say the average home built with be 200k. You're in a similar position as the data above. It also doesn't account for commute, if less people are living in an urban centre.

This is glossed over, Labour bringing up the idea of Rent Control. I know we've talked Real Estate here before (was surprised how pricey London is), but it's got nothing on the current market in San Francisco (astronomical, got you lot beaten by almost a grand a month and trust me, most of those places are not as updated).

The Market in Britain as a whole is like
bogstandardsd.png

rentcpi2.png

Here's the inflation. This stat is misleading, as it is the UK as a whole, and not solely London who has the social program. By implementing that program nationwide, you're repeating and exagerrating the first stat; Corbyn, no doubt, is looking at that and trying to balance it by moving this stat in the other direction:
untitled.png

However...THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE DID. Horrible. Now you have places in San Fran that are basically impossible to buy. We let our rent-control house in Haight go and that shit is probably worth 800k now.

Also the financial side of the Brexit talk is really really just not true. I don't know how else to put it. Here it is, flatly:
SNOzO5h.png

@Clear Winner

Deficit contribution to the EU. Britain's economy is strong enough on it's own and worrying about export tariff is really backwards for a fertile production company. The money you're saving on EU expenses would break even on any tariff, and that ignores the fact that the US is your #1 importer and we're not going to charge you shit going forward, really, and your supply can be distributed internally, as well. You guys also have an amazing export deal with China.

Honestly, Brexit from a financial standpoint is about your absymal credit rating, and if any tariff that you don't agree to comes along, you have the option of tanking Germany's, which means the EU hegemony is just playing chicken at this point.

With international trade these days, it's hard to worry about "Close to Border" stuff. NAFTA is great and all, but one of Mexico's main importers is Spain. There's not reason the UK can't open up to NAFTA trade and possibly make even more considering your agriculture is dwindling.

My take. Not going to get into the social stuff, because honestly there's nothing there in the manfiesto that makes sense or is elaborated upon. Just seems like Jeremy is trying to take a big bag of money and invest it on non-refundable and non-repayable ideas. Really really naive economic thinking at a time where you guys can't fold.

Just seems like Jeremy is trying to take a big bag of money and invest it on non-refundable and non-repayable ideas. Really really naive economic thinking at a time where you guys can't fold.

<WellThere>

@Da Speeit has convinced me to not vote Labour

gonna echo what he says to my labour pals

what a man

Missing the point.

It's like the Zlatan signing last summer. Undoubtedly a great player who will improve United........that said the opportunity cost is what could potentially cause apathy.

Like if signing Rodriguez means we won't sign a Muller or a Bale or a Neymar or a Griezeman etc etc, you can see why some may question it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back