• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked Premier League Thread 2023/24 V1: Here We Go!

Who wins the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda glad he’s not going Liverpool, their midfield with him would’ve been a problem. Was making me shook lol. Hopefully he’ll flop at Chelsea like everyone else

Harry bottled it, knew he was never as good as Shearer so he ran off to Germany, you ain't a crook son...................

Shearer would never turn his back on his home town club. Shearer > Kane confirmed. The debate (never was one) is over once and for all.

Last edited:
Kinda glad he’s not going Liverpool, their midfield with him would’ve been a problem. Was making me shook lol. Hopefully he’ll flop at Chelsea like everyone else

Enzo & Caicedo taking care of business :cool: can you dig it sucka?

Harry bottled it, knew he was never as good as Shearer so he ran off to Germany, you ain't a crook son...................

Shearer would never turn his back on his home town club. Shearer > Kane confirmed. The debate (never was one) is over once and for all.

:eek::rolleyes::oops: I remember that thread poll... I don't remember who I voted for ( :D )

@650lb Sumo @Arqueto @FadeLess @xtramob My Bundesliga hot take for the upcoming season > keep an eye on Leverkusen. Looking very promising on paper and they had it sorted out very early that Xabi would stay as coach too. I could see them make a move and jump at 2nd after Leipzig lost insane amount of quality (Laimer, Szoboszlai, Nkunku, Gvardiol) and BVB @Deffid sorry but not really sure about your squad + lack of winning mentality of your coach.

1ueAjpW.gif

Did Luton do anything this transfer window? I can't say I've seen anything...

Derby Countys record about to be shattered imo. And the logistics about their stadium? Did they at least do something 'bout dat?

They have brought in:

Ryan Giles (£5.1 million)
Tahith Chong (£4.1 million)
Mads Andersen (3 million)
Marvelous Nakamba (£2.5 million)
Thomas Kaminski (£2.5 million)

which is way more than they have spent before.

They have postponed their first home match as Kenilworth Road might not (have been) ready and it's unclear if they will have to postpone the second as well but they say the upgrades are ahead of schedule. The upgrades were quoted as about £10 million.

They have started building a new stadium, Power Court, capacity 23,500, which they hope to be ready in 2026. It's quoted as costing about £100 million (the real cost will inevitably be a lot more). Kenilworth Road's capacity is going to be 11 thousand and something - before the upgrades it was the smallest in the PL but with them it will be just ahead of Bournemouth. Luton are definitely putting their money where their mouth is.

At the moment though their squad is worth £63 million, which is bottom of the PL. Sheffield United are £71 million and everyone else is over £200 million. They will probably go straight back down but it won't be as bad as Derby County 2007 - 2008, it can't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back