• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premier League Thread 2018/19 v2: COYS - Emery OUT - Arsenal v Man City Edition

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumbele and Mbappe are easily on another level than Rashford(and I like him). I just like teeing up Blokey on the subject as he makes me laugh with his observations on the topic lol.
@blokeybloke is also very high on Dumbele and thinks he is better than Rashford (who is also good, just not nearly at that level) iirc.

They wont give up their bounty from the Lg's heavy festive period

It harms us in the CL. Success from which would increase even further global support for our Clubs..

They wont give up their bounty from the Lg's heavy festive period

It harms us in the CL. Success from which would increase even further global support for our Clubs..

I was under the impression it was the fans who keep that going?

I quite like it personally, and the FA cup in January gives the clubs a good opportunity to rest players.

With squad sizes these days, better squad management should be able to negate the effects of an extra couple of fixtures.

Keep what going?

Season ticket holders arent going to cut their noses off to spite their face. How long is the wait list for Utd & Liverpool season tickets now?

Keep what going?

Season ticket holders arent going to cut their noses off to spite their face. How long is the wait list for Utd & Liverpool season tickets now?

The tradition of playing on Boxing day.........think the majority of fans love the 2-3 games over Xmas.

Why would you think it's indicative of greed? 19 home games is 19 home games. Likes of Pool, United, Arsenal etc are going to sell out regardless.

I quite like it personally, and the FA cup in January gives the clubs a good opportunity to rest players.

With squad sizes these days, better squad management should be able to negate the effects of an extra couple of fixtures.
Every English guy loves them. Its tradition & we're all off work on the pop watching them.

Elite foreign coach's have improved our squad depths but not enough to compete in CL & the Lg in the same season year in year out, yet. We're getting there though. Last year was promising & this year might provide a breakthrough for a few of our Clubs.

The tradition of playing on Boxing day.........think the majority of fans love the 2-3 games over Xmas.

Why would you think it's indicative of greed? 19 home games is 19 home games. Likes of Pool, United, Arsenal etc are going to sell out regardless.
TV money. Brand is out there on telly reminding everyone what to buy kids for Xmas. Gift shop sells out etc.

Players need rest. "Shut up & dribble' fans see them earning dream wages & think they own them.

Last edited:
Every English guy loves them. Its tradition & we're all off work on the pop watching them.

Elite foreign coach's have improved our squad depths but not enough to compete in CL & the Lg in the same season year in year out, yet. We're getting there though. Last year was promising & this year might provide a breakthrough for a few of our Clubs.

Think it's all a bit over egged, tbh.

The rise of Messi and Ronaldo has massively skewered the CL in the last 10 years......and it coincided with the post SAF PREM years where none of our big teams have shown any consistency for more than a season or two. You feel both these things are about to come to an end in the near future.

Lower Lg fans will always cut their noses off to spite their face though.

They HATE the EFL cup & consider playing against upper Lg u23 sides an insult. They have an acute inferiority complex and despise the Premiership. They didnt get behind the England team untuil after the QF's lol

They need FA cup revenue. All of the lower lg Clubs are being ran at a loss but are funded by a local businessman using them like their own train set.

They hate how the blue bloods have devalued it.

I'm impressed with Sevilla, they usually lay down against Barca when they get going. This time they fought back and almost sent it to ET.

Machin has drilled them well. Barca wasn't running on all cylinders TBF, but still even a 70% Barca usually steamrolls Sevilla away from the Sanchez-Pizjuan.
I saw Rakitic warming up on the sideline readying to come in for the 2nd half & Barca's odds dropped from -150 out to -185 instantly lol

Think it's all a bit over egged, tbh.

The rise of Messi and Ronaldo has massively skewered the CL in the last 10 years......and it coincided with the post SAF PREM years where none of our big teams have shown any consistency for more than a season or two. You feel both these things are about to come to an end in the near future.
A lot of it is down to perception.

Spurs battered Juve for long periods of both legs ... " theyre clearly not experienced enough yet"

Real KO Bayern every year ... "they were unlucky to lose but for [insert two names] mistakes"

Spurs looked knackered by seasons end & it took every drop of their faded energy to squeak a top 4 spot.

Bayern are like, oh well, we go go again next yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back