Premier League Thread 2016/17 v145: Swedish Edition

Pick your top 3

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need more of that, there is a big chance you wont even make it to the WC. Which would be a shame because i enjoyed watching Colombia in the last WC.

Morning lads

Coming on to a shitload of likes from @Rawex like

robocop-o.gif

@El Che @blokeybloke @Edwin highlights from yesterday's games?

Only caught the end of the Colombia match but they hung on when they probably should've won by more against a bad Bolivia side who played hard.

Argentina-Chile had a solid first half but not very good second half. Overall it wasn't very exciting. Argentina's defense is a mess and they got lucky to keep a CS. The attack was dreadful other than a few Messi dribbles/passes in the first half. Aguero, Chokeaguin, and Di Maria(except for trying to chip Bravo) were completely invisible. Mascherano actually played well. Chile missed Vidal as they didn't really find their groove until the last half hour and were attacking well at the end of the match just couldn't score. Alexis had a good second half, hit the bar on a FK. Pretty uneventful match overall though.

Uruguay-Brazil Brazil were very impressive yet again. a 1-4 win away is a great win. Marcelo made a mistake and it cost them a PK that Canvani put away. After that it was all Brazil. They dominated for most of the match as their attack was free flowing and incisive. Paulinho had a hat trick. Check out his first strike it was a beauty. Neymar was carving up the right side of Uruguay's defense and scored a cheeky chip. Uruguay missed Suarez but the result wouldn't have been different.

Brazil is clearly on another level then all the other CONMEBOL teams at the moment.

Brazil. Arsenal is gonna sign Neymar after all :p

Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot! lol

Coming on to a shitload of likes from @Rawex like

robocop-o.gif

Only caught the end of the Colombia match but they hung on when they probably should've won by more against a bad Bolivia side who played hard.

Argentina-Chile had a solid first half but not very good second half. Overall it wasn't very exciting. Argentina's defense is a mess and they got lucky to keep a CS. The attack was dreadful other than a few Messi dribbles/passes in the first half. Aguero, Chokeaguin, and Di Maria(except for trying to chip Bravo) were completely invisible. Mascherano actually played well. Chile missed Vidal as they didn't really find their groove until the last half hour and were attacking well at the end of the match just couldn't score. Alexis had a good second half, hit the bar on a FK. Pretty uneventful match overall though.

Uruguay-Brazil Brazil were very impressive yet again. a 1-4 win away is a great win. Marcelo made a mistake and it cost them a PK that Canvani put away. After that it was all Brazil. They dominated for most of the match as their attack was free flowing and incisive. Paulinho had a hat trick. Check out his first strike it was a beauty. Neymar was carving up the right side of Uruguay's defense and scored a cheeky chip. Uruguay missed Suarez but the result wouldn't have been different.

Brazil is clearly on another level then all the other CONMEBOL teams at the moment.

Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot! lol
I was inspired by @Tobago Jones

Yeah i dont understand why they had Higuian and Aguero on the pitch, with Kun in the nr 10 role i am guessing.
Okay Dybala was injured but still

Uruguay's defense is getting old?

I was inspired by @Tobago Jones

Yeah i dont understand why they had Higuian and Aguero on the pitch, with Kun in the nr 10 role i am guessing.
Okay Dybala was injured but still

Uruguay's defense is getting old?
Yea, they did fuck all. Was a weird selection. When Dybala comes back I think Messi as the #10 with Dybala on the right makes sense. They should try Icardi as the #9 imo but we'll see if they recall him. I know their was a falling out, but he is in fine form so it's ridiculous not to at least have him on the bench.

Higuain picked up a yellow so he is out for the next match on Tuesday. They could really use Icardi for that one. I'm sure they will put Kun as the #9 and will have to find out who will play behind him(although Messi starts out wide right he almost always ends up playing in centrally from the halfway line bringing the ball up. They are wasting Messi away on this talented but deeply flawed and uninspired team(from the AFA to the coach on down).

I think Banega should start in their somewhere, he came in as a sub in the second half. That defense is terrible though. Otamendi was awful, Rojo is a schizo, but was better at LB after Musacchio came in(who should be given a start imo). They did get the 3 points which was imperative at home. They went from 6th to 3rd with that win.

Yea, they did fuck all. Was a weird selection. When Dybala comes back I think Messi as the #10 with Dybala on the right makes sense. They should try Icardi as the #9 imo but we'll see if they recall him. I know their was a falling out, but he is in fine form so it's ridiculous not to at least have him on the bench.

Higuain picked up a yellow so he is out for the next match on Tuesday. They could really use Icardi for that one. I'm sure they will put Kun as the #9 and will have to find out who will play behind him(although Messi starts out wide right he almost always ends up playing in centrally from the halfway line bringing the ball up. They are wasting Messi away on this talented but deeply flawed and uninspired team(from the AFA to the coach on down).

I think Banega should start in their somewhere, he came in as a sub in the second half. That defense is terrible though. Otamendi was awful, Rojo is a schizo, but was better at LB after Musacchio came in(who should be given a start imo). They did get the 3 points which was imperative at home. They went from 6th to 3rd with that win.
What was the falling out about?

Yeah the AFA is a mess, has there been any changes made since the Messi's fake news retirement?

All that talent upfront but their defense (and dmf, Mascherano legs are gone) is a mess.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Mascherano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back