• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premier League 2017/18 Thread v.46 - Sweden showed Italy what's what

Will Sweden prevail?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
500 minutes in qualifiers since last goal (Sweden vs Italy)

That shit is just amazing.
not that surprising really all the nerves and some pretty average teams that will just defend away. Croatia did wallop Greece in that first leg though.

Just remember that when World Cup changes to 48 teams qualifying and we're watching endless pointless shite group games ... it's ALL @Sebbe 's fucking fault!

Buffon and De Rossi retire from the national team without playing in one final World Cup.

Thanks Ventura.

<mma3>

Last edited by a moderator:

Tancredi Palmeri went hard on Ventura on beIN in the Locker Room in Spanish.

He called him a coward for not showing up to the post game press conference. He also called Ventura's formations idiotic and that he was selfish as he didn't listen to any advice he was given.

Tancredi also pointed out the failure to qualify was all Ventura's fault. He had a great squad of players, but his formations sucked and affected them all.

Ventura didn't even start Italy best player, Lorenzo Insigne in either of the matches and only played him as a sub in the first game and he came in as a central midfielder which is a roll he's never played.

He also pointed out that Jorginho wouldn't fit into his system and then he starts him today despite his comments and Jorginho does well...

I've read Matteo Bonetti also went hard on Ventura on the English version of the Locker Room, but I haven't heard that yet. I did hear he said the Italians were overrated, which I couldn't disagree with more though. Italy has a lot of fantastic players, despite a lot of them being older and on their way out (Chelini, Buffon, Barzagli, De Rossi, etc.). I guess he's still annoyed Bonucci has sucked with Milan (and sucked with Italy too) and is just going off on everyone...

Insigne trying to explain that he was told by Ventura to replace Verratti as a central midfielder:

Daniele De Rossi trying to explain that need to win and should sub in Insigne instead of him:

And Arsenal fans thought they had it bad with Wenger, but Wenger is a hybrid Zinedine Zidane, Diego Simeone and Pep Guardiola compared to this buffon.

<Prem973>

Also not trying to put down Sweden or make any excuses for Italy's failure to qualify. Ventura really screwed them over.

I'm not an Italian (American obviously), but I really don't follow nor care for the U.S. national team. I've always rooted for the Azzurri in Europe and the Albiceleste in South America.

With that said, I'm happy for the Swedish.

@Sebbe hoping your country can make it deep in the World Cup!

Also not trying to put down Sweden or make any excuses for Italy's failure to qualify. Ventura really screwed them over.

I'm not an Italian (American obviously), but I really don't follow nor care for the U.S. national team. I've always rooted for the Azzurri in Europe and the Albiceleste in South America.

With that said, I'm happy for the Swedish.

@Sebbe hoping your country can make it deep in the World Cup!
I just thought "where are all the good players???"

ohh, on the bench.

@El Che

When the lakes got more wins than the clips {<jordan}

Poor Griff needs to get out of that team of losers.

Morning guys

choon for the day

@El Che

When the lakes got more wins than the clips {<jordan}

Poor Griff needs to get out of that team of losers.

lmao. Can't choke and lose in the 2nd round if you dont make the playoffs

<seedat>

tenor.gif

Congrats @Sebbe for making the WC.

Sweden population ~10 million = Beats 4 time world champion to make WC.

Murica population ~330 million = Loses to a bunch of factory workers to bottle a WC spot.

1330628865_soccer_fan_kid_accidentally_pokes_himself_in_the_eye.gif

Congrats @Sebbe for making the WC.

Sweden population ~10 million = Beats 4 time world champion to make WC.

Murica population ~330 million = Loses to a bunch of factory workers to bottle a WC spot.

1330628865_soccer_fan_kid_accidentally_pokes_himself_in_the_eye.gif

My only regret is that you didn't get knocked out on the fawf @xtramob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back