Locked Prem Thread 23/24 v18: A Mad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Toon just raped Spurs without lube. Absolute bumming. Unreal scenes. Do you know what did my head in though? The constant mentions of Howe dealing with an injury crisis. So are Villa. United LITERALLY have four fit defenders across the back four. If Maguire gets injured today its a teenager and McTominay at CB. Before that, our best option was a 37 Yr old retired bloke we brought in as a coach
NEVER mentioned.

It's because we have been dealing with it all season and missed the most days through injury by far. Villa aren't even in the top ten and Man U are seventh for days missed through injury. We had four of our starting eleven available to start today.

This season is nuts for injuries across the whole league though :eek: :eek: :eek: all those extra minutes they were pushing at the start of the season seem to have died off now because they know it was messing everyone up.

This has to be the worst season in Premier League history for injuries.

YmylFEf.jpg

We've now got the second most clean sheets in the league. When the fook did that happen?

reaction-mother-of-god.gif

UZYbOq8.jpg

We've now got the second most clean sheets in the league. When the fook did that happen?

reaction-mother-of-god.gif

UZYbOq8.jpg

Actually mental how few clean sheets there have been across the board, even with the top clubs.

Hell, de Gea won last year with a respectable 17 clean sheets and he/we were bang average.

Actually mental how few clean sheets there have been across the board, even with the top clubs.

Hell, de Gea won last year with a respectable 17 clean sheets and he/we were bang average.
Speaking of, is he still without a new club?

Speaking of, is he still without a new club?

Yep.

Turned down Saudi. Think he’s just started a young family.

Unless a big Euro club comes in for him, wouldn’t be surprised if he was done.

Hard to go from 350k a week, to go play for an Everton or a Sevilla for 15% of that.

Can’t wait to see a shitty 1-0 or 0-0 game today. Glazers out

We've been getting walked through for a lot of the season so it's a shock to see us so high up in that stat.

Other than the top three and the bottom three, there really isn't much in it between all the other teams.

We've been getting walked through for a lot of the season so it's a shock to see us so high up in that stat.

Other than the top three and the bottom three, there really isn't much in it between all the other teams.

Yeah. Lot seem to be around that 8-10 mark.

No knock on the Toon, but 10 clean sheets in 31 games isn’t particularly special.

As we saw with City again today, even the top teams have a knack of conceding unnecessary goals in otherwise dominant performances.

Can’t be arsed to check, but I’m sure title winning teams of the past would regularly keep clean sheets in 50%+ of games.

Sweet based jesus. Now there's 4 team battling for the top 2 spots in the championship. Ipswich drew again and soufhampton won and got a game in hand.

I'm too old for this shit

No knock on the Toon, but 10 clean sheets in 31 games isn’t particularly special.

I agree, it's actually crazy to me that we have 10 clean sheets. Over that Christmas period, where we played a game every 3 days, we were at the bottom of the league for most goals conceded.

Can’t be arsed to check, but I’m sure title winning teams of the past would regularly keep clean sheets in 50%+ of games.

It's probably about right. That season when Chelsea only conceded 15 goals is nuts :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back