• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked Prem League Thread 2023/24 v21: FA & CL Final End of Season Edition

Champions League winner is..

• Dortmund

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Madrid

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring Bank Holiday weekend 10pm

giphy.gif

the town is completely rammed by tourists with accents from other areas. Maybe 1% of the people in the streets and shops are local. It was already getting busy and lairy this afternoon, people coming at you from all directions in the shops, drunken Norf FC fans shouting and singing, a hen do etc., now it's already kicked off with some teenagers fighting/smashing up a car or something.

The early May bank holiday someone fell off the bridge, someone smashed at least three shop windows and there were at least three assaults (one was on a teenage girl at night), litter all over the streets etc. The coppers are also looking for people related to two separate pub fights earlier this month. It's been cloudy and rainy and there are two festivals down the coast this weekend or else it would be even worse.

6339d3d0364f430ee22c6a44d266f88da0fe7388.gif

Keep in mind that Sunak is a southampton fan
comp_arse_corbyn01.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000515618975-e1566596389881.jpg

@Chules

scaring-scared.gif

/

Wrt Scottish teams in the English league obviously the best Welsh teams can do it and looking at a list of British cities by population (I know it's debatable), Glasgow is third, Edinburgh is ninth, Aberdeen is 29th, Dundee is 48th then it drops off a cliff. The bottom three teams in the SPL are Saint Johnstone (Perth, 214th), Ross County (Dingwall, not even in the top 1000) and Livingston (171st). It's like putting Brock Lesnar and Francis Ngannou in with Jose Aldo and Mighty Mouse lol.

Edit: English towns of similar population for comparison:

Saint Johnstone = Havant & Waterlooville FC, tier six
Ross County = Loftus Athletic, tier 11 I think
Livingston = Kidderminster Harriers, tier six next season

Last edited:
comp_arse_corbyn01.jpg

@Chules

scaring-scared.gif

/

Wrt Scottish teams in the English league obviously the best Welsh teams can do it and looking at a list of British cities by population (I know it's debatable), Glasgow is third, Edinburgh is ninth, Aberdeen is 29th, Dundee is 48th then it drops off a cliff. The bottom three teams in the SPL are Saint Johnstone (Perth, 214th), Ross County (Dingwall, not even in the top 1000) and Livingston (171st). It's like putting Brock Lesnar and Francis Ngannou in with Jose Aldo and Mighty Mouse lol.

Corbs The GOAT 🐐
Starmer the biggest prick going

Remember debating with thread legend @Clear Winner that top 4 was better than winning the FA Cup.

He was so right.

Will remember today forever.

CL quarters mean shit.

Sure the suits prefer the CL, but yeah…..fuck the suits.
How was the wedding big man?

Spend any time in the ATTACKING half today like Man U?

comp_arse_corbyn01.jpg

@Chules

scaring-scared.gif

/

Let’s go to edc next year.

@BroRogan @Deffid have you been keeping up with this story? 🤔

I rather expected you to ask us if we were on Sylt recently :oops::rolleyes:😜

German press need to come up with stuff like that recently and present it like the most important news of the day. Yawn. More and more people realise what the real problems are at least and the more hysteric they get with such stuff. Watch out for the EU "election" and the results
😉

Based @Deffid spot on! 👍

Remember debating with thread legend @Clear Winner that top 4 was better than winning the FA Cup.

He was so right.

Will remember today forever.

CL quarters mean shit.

Sure the suits prefer the CL, but yeah…..fuck the suits.
Very much agreed. FA Cup in hand with Europa next year feels better than losing the cup and getting a short run in UCL.

Look forward to when they dont feel mutually exclusive.

Would be Championship level, currently.
Seems harsh. I can see bottom half of the PL, but relegated? :eek: With the boost in money and prestige they would improve a lot as well.

/

Sheffied United were atrocious this season and I wondered how they stacked up. Worst PL seasons ever:

Derby County 2007 - 2008: 11
Sunderland 2005 - 2006: 15
Huddersfield 2018 - 2019: 16
Sheffield United 2023 - 2024: 16

The most PL losses in a row record is also held by Sunderland @JaviBrewski : 15, in 2002 - 2003. Obviously they finished bottom and were relegated, then when promoted for the 2005 - 2006 season mentioned above they lost their first five (and finished bottom again), making 20 straight losses in the PL, which is the most consecutive losses ever in the English top flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back