• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked Prem League Thread 2023/24 v20 - Pray for the Abu Dhabi c**ksuckers to drop points Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you see Brazil versus Argentina?

Argentina has the edge but I wouldn't be shocked if Brazil upset them.

They're blazing fast on the wings with Rodrygo and Vinicius. Add Raphinha and even Endrick there and they're dangerous with Paqueta and Guimaraes controlling the middle.

@Deffid got a Loch Lomond 18 on 40% off, which put it cheaper than most entry level 10 yo single malts.

46% abv, ncf. Peated with a sweet fruity palate. No info on the bottle re casks, but probably a wine cask of some kind - says American Oak, which usually means bourbon. Not sure what to make of it. It's a pretty agressive and busy. Despite it being an 18, feels younger.

Worth a try if you see it on sale

But it's an ugly bottle. Not a thing you want displayed.

Last edited:
I don't know about shockingly bad but yeah, there is much more quality in the attack.

But you don't need to have a perfect team to be the best team. I mean, France still has Griezmann as their starting #10.

But I agree, semifinals or finals if they're lucky. Not seeing champs.

I thought Griezeman had had an excellent season?

Southgate's starting back 5 would be Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw. Pickford is meh. Walker is good but declining. Stones has had an underwhelming season, riddled with injuries, and rarely plays as a traditional CB. Maguire is average at best and been injured. Shaw has barely played in a year, and is the only actual LB. His back up is Trippier, who is a RB, who hs been injured for 4 months and who's form has fallen off a cliff.

MIdfield lacks an obvious 3rd man to play alongside Bellingham and Rice, imo. Really need a Phillips or Henderson type (as limited as they were) for balance. Surely Trent is not gonna start in CM?

Essentially all England's star/form players (Bellingham, Foden, Kane, Watkins, Gordon, Saka, Palmer) are fighting over 3 or 4 positions.

Basically it's an International football tournament. Very little jeopardy in the first 3 weeks where we laughably whittle down 24 to 16. After that, it comes down to who rolls a 6 on the night, and who wins heir penalty shoot outs.....see the last 2 winners in Portugal and Italy.

Can't wait for the olympics. Those caribbean islands produce some sweet ass in the track n' field/athletics.

White gurls been slammin' too. Minus points for lack of boob tho

Dangerously based Ignicious as always ;)

tenor.gif

I genuinely cant wrap my head around the Bayern/Kompany stuff. What the fuck do Bayern fans think of that, having seen Leverkusen push their shit in last season?!

Actually think he’s a good coach, or at least has the potential to be.

The idea that he got Burnley relegated so he is shit, is retarded. Guess what, Pep or Klopp would likely get relegated with a promoted side too.

Managing a top CL team and a championship team are two completely different skill sets…..like comparing a cook at your local pub to a cook in a fancy Michelin starred restaurant. Remember when Heston Blumenthal tried to revolutionize Little Chef?

Still think, outside of maybe the very top, the role of the manager is a bit overrated.

Actually think he’s a good coach, or at least has the potential to be.

The idea that he got Burnley relegated so he is shit, is retarded. Guess what, Pep or Klopp would likely get relegated with a promoted side too.

Managing a top CL team and a championship team are two completely different skill sets…..like comparing a cook at your local pub to a cook in a fancy Michelin starred restaurant. Remember when Heston Blumenthal tried to revolutionize Little Chef?

Still think, outside of maybe the very top, the role of the manager is a bit overrated.
Sadly I actually think it's a pretty decent, creative choice. They just had two top of the market coaches in Tuchel and Nagelsmann, didn't work all that well either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back