Predictions for UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs Velasquez II

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Here are my predictions for the UFC 155 main card from MMA Lives Here:

1) Chris Leben vs Karlos Vemola - Vemola's a powerful wrestler who used to fight at heavyweight, but I see Leben putting his lights out. The Crippler's looked in great shape leading up to the fight and I think he's too much for the big Czech. Leben KO 1

2) Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher - Intriguing fight. Belcher's closer to a title shot but can he get past Okami's grappling? Belcher's no slouch in the grappling department either, but after Stun Gun's humiliation of Thiago, I just don't know what to expect from judo. These two fought six years ago, with Thunder taking a UD, but I think Belcher finds a way to win this one. Belcher UD

3) Tim Boetsch vs Constantinos Philippou - Boetsch has landed himself in contention after going 4-0 at middleweight. He was booked to fight Weidman but now faces the heavy-handed Philippou. Boetsch will be a warm favourite, but my money's on the Cypriot. Philippou TKO 2

4) Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller - I hope this one takes place on the mat. With fights like this my stand-up bias goes out the door and I want the ref to start them on the ground. It's a tough one to call, but I think Lauzon catches him at some point in an upset. Lauzon SUB 2

5) Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velazquez (HW title) - It feels a little strange having JDS vs Cain II after just one win for the Mexican, but then again, it was a scary, scary win. I know Cain had an injured knee when they fought on UFC on Fox 1, but so did JDS, and I think he repeats the dose on the feet. Hopefully Cain scores a takedown so we can see the champ off his back. Dos Santos TKO 1

Who you got?

Last edited:
what's that website that you can pick the fights online and upload the picture.. I saw a thread with this fighter grid on it that looked great. it was for the ufc on fox 5 card.

EDIT:
Leben - 2nd Rd. TKO
Belcher - UD
Phillippou - 3rd Rd. TKO
Lauzon - 2nd Rd. SUB
JDS - 2nd Rd. KO

all opposites of what u think. okami will win decision by landing better jabs.

cain might win by decision if he keps the npressure on and stops dos santos from setting up and big hits.. takes whatever takedowns he gets.. but there's a high possiblity he'll get koed again cause he tends to eat pucnhes in all his fights.

miller will outwork lauzon and stop lauzon from being able to focus on a sub.

vemola decision with ground control and will out cardio a drugged up leben

boetsch will show his improvement and stop this late 2nd round or early 3rd round.

JDS vs Velasquez : Based on JDS superior boxing, awesome TDD and the fact that he's 100% healthy right now (I'll take his word for it) I see him TKOing Cain in the second. Cain will do better this time because he will get inside faster and the fight will end up in the clinch in the first round preventing JDS from outboxing him. JDS floors Cain in the second and finishes him there. However, if Cain survives the first two rounds without being half destroyed, things will get VERY interesting because we all know that Cain has better cardio than JDS.

Lauzon vs Miller : Lauzon is awesome but Miller is a tough vet with a wrestling advantage here, and he's a GREAT grappler too. Miller TKO's Lauzon in the 3rd. Never count Jlau out though.

Boestch vs Costa: Im going with Tim here. Costa could very well win this but Boestch knows he'll be facing a superior boxer so he WILL clinch and overpower Costa from there, dirty boxing, knees, and maybe landing a few TD's...Boestch UD

Okami vs Belcher : Here I will let my HEART speak, not my mind. I'd hate to see Okami out fuck and wrestle Belcher for 3 rounds...Belcher has a great ground game and all but Okami is huge and very hard to deal with when laying on top. I will say Belcher lands something big in the first for a KO/TKO or floor Okami and subs him while he's rocked! WAR BELCHER

Leben vs Vemola : Leben seems in great shape and Im sure he cant wait to get back in there. Vermola looks good at MW but he eats something big in the second, Leben KO/TKO second round

JDS wins but it is much more hard fought than last time of course.

Leban by KO

Belcher by TKO

Boestch by UD

Miller by UD

What a great card!

all opposites of what u think. okami will win decision by landing better jabs.

cain might win by decision if he keps the npressure on and stops dos santos from setting up and big hits.. takes whatever takedowns he gets.. but there's a high possiblity he'll get koed again cause he tends to eat pucnhes in all his fights.

miller will outwork lauzon and stop lauzon from being able to focus on a sub.

vemola decision with ground control and will out cardio a drugged up leben

boetsch will show his improvement and stop this late 2nd round or early 3rd round.

lol yeah J-Lo and The Poo are my two upset picks. Okami has a jab but I don't think he'll stand with Belcher for long. And Leben should be able to get back to his feet

Leben via KO 1st round
Belcher via TKO 2nd round
Boetsch via decision
lauzon via submission rd 3
JDS via 2nd round TKO

Leben - KO - 1
Belcher - TKO - 2
Boetshc - UD
J-Lau - Sub - 2
Cain - Dec

Back