Predictions for Rory/Lombard?

BobSappIsGOAT

White Belt
Reaction score
What are your predictions for the 3 RD fight scheduled to co-main UFC 186 in Montreal? Also, what do you feel the odds will be?

Prediction: Rory 29-28 UD
Odds: Rory -170 Lombard +150

Rory freezes Lombard up and picks him apart from range.

Not what I want to happen but that is exactly how it will play out.

This is the correct answer.

I don't know the measurements, but lombard seems stocky and short in the reach dept and Rory is long and lanky. It will look like McGregor vs Siver, in my opinion. Picking him apart from the outside.

Rory stays on the outside and uses his reach to cruise to a unanimous decision.

Rory touches him with teh jab for 3 rounds with Lombard walking forward but not doing much at all.

It's going to look like rory/woodly

I don't think it will look like Woodley/Rory. Let's not forget T-wood is a wrestler with great power but lacks technique. Lombard is a judoka with power and good technique. A big part of Woodley's gameplan in fights is to bait his opponent to the cage where he can get the takedown. Lombard will have no problem chasing Rory down and he won't freeze up like Woodley. Lombard knows this is a #1 contender fight and he will probably take big risks to get the KO.

I don't think it will look like Woodley/Rory. Let's not forget T-wood is a wrestler with great power but lacks technique. Lombard is a judoka with power and good technique. A big part of Woodley's gameplan in fights is to bait his opponent to the cage where he can get the takedown. Lombard will have no problem chasing Rory down and he won't freeze up like Woodley. Lombard knows this is a #1 contender fight and he will probably take big risks to get the KO.

I agree with you here. Lombard will be more aggressive and it wouldn't be odd to see him land a good throw/takedown or some good shots ala Robbie Lawler.

rory via UD. Hector may close the distance once or twice and put Rory in danger though

Pretty much what everyone says. Lombard eating jabs and crosses and leg kicks. But I have a feeling the first round will be Lombard trying to blitz Rory right out of the gate like he did shields... but yeah after that, get picked apart.

If Lombard leaves himself open like he did against Burkman than it may be short night for him. If he can bring the pressure and get past Rory's range he may be able to get Rory to fold like he did against Lawler.

Lombard has fought a lot of big men and always had the disadvantage in reach. Good fight,but I'd rather see Hector vs GSP, Lawler or Hendricks.

Heart says Prince of Troy, head says Ares.

Lombard has lost 4 close decisions his whole career out of about 40 fights. Trust me, this fight won't be easy for Rory. It's a close fight and I think Lombard might be too much.

Beat me to it. But hope lombard comes in and brings the fight to rory like robbie did in last round and makes it interesting

Rory takes it and makes it ugly.

Lombard goes on to face Woodly?

Back