Predicting every major fight up to and including UFC 200

Peyow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Ufc 200 is not far away and I(like everyone else) have decided to predict the card. I also want to try my hand at predicting the headline fights between now and then and explain why they will happen. The UFC cannot afford to lose another ppv between now and UFC 200 in the same fashion that they did with 196. Therefore i think they will take all risk of that happening again out of the equation by putting on at least 3 major fights at each ppv event(except for the new 196 because Conor will always fight)...

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE: Rafael Dos Anjos vs Conor McGregor
(Confirmed)
WOMENS BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate
(Confirmed)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones
(Confirmed)
FLYWEIGHT TITLE: Demetrious Johnson vs Henry Cejudo
(Confirmed)
BJ Penn vs Dennis Siver
(BJ has been confirmed for 197 but his opponent is uncertain. I think it will be a ranked but beatable fighter. All rumours suggest Siver will be that person)

HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Fabricio Werdum vs Stipe Miocic
(Cain Valasquez relinquished his chance at an immediate rematch when he yet again pulled out of a fight. Stipe had been guaranteed to be next in line. Provided Werdum recovers quick enough from his toe injury, the UFC will aim to have this fight at the May ppv)
Anthony Pettis vs Nate Diaz
(Pettis came out after his loss to Eddie Alvarez stating that he was 100% healthy and begged the UFC for a "real fight" asap. When you think of a real fight in mma, you think of the Diaz brothers. Apparently this bout is close to being confirmed)
Max Holloway vs Renan Barao
(Barao has confirmed that his next fight would be a top ranked fighter at Featherweight. Chad Mendes is taking a slight hiatus to set up business, get his mind/body right etc. I think this leaves Holloway as the only logical option for Barao)

MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE: Luke Rockhold vs Chris Weidman
(Yoel Romero was meant to be next in line but failed his 194 drug test and was suspended. Since then, Dana White has said in an interview that Weidman will now get his immediate rematch and that it will likely be in june, possibly in New York)
BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber
(These two are the most popular fighters in their division and therefore I think them having the 3rd and final fight in their trilogy makes the most sense)
TJ Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao
(Assuncao publicly agreed that Faber should be next in line for the title after his long lay off. Originally aiming for a march return i think he will wait for Dillashaw. A win for either man would guarantee them for the next title shot)

TUF FINALE
Rory MacDonald vs Stephen Thompson
(With Woodley likely to get the next title shot i can see these 2 fighting in a title eliminator. Its a dream match up and one that I would love to see. It has to be a 5 round fight and deserves to be during International Fight Week so I can see it headlining here)

FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE: Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar
(Although Jose Aldo has said he wont fight again until he gets either McGregor or a title shot, I cant see how the UFC can deny Frankie again. Aldo will get his rematch at the end of the year. This fight headlines the card because Conor is easily the UFCs top draw right now and will remain so even if he loses to RDA)
WELTERWEIGHT TITLE: Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley, Carlos Condit or Georges St-Pierre
(Robbie has been involved in the Fight of the Year the last 2 years and never has a boring fight, its because of this fact that I can see the UFC saving him until July. Obviously GSPs return would be the dream option here but personally i dont see him ever coming back)
WOMENS STRAWEIGHT TITLE: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha
(The TUF Finale for the season where these two are the coaches is booked for the night before 200. Therefore this fight is all but set in stone)
Anderson Silva vs ??? or Alistair Overeem vs Mark Hunt
(If healthy, Win or Lose against Bisping, Anderson Silva needs to be on this card if they want to break records. Obviously one of the dream superfights against GSP or Fedor at 205lbs would be great but i dont see either happening. I am therefore unsure who his opponent would be but he deserves to be there. If he doesnt recover in time or decides to retire then they need to have a Heavyweight fight on the card. Ben Rothwell and Dos Santos are booked for earlier. Overeem and Valasquez are probably the 2 biggest draws in the division but Cain is probably unlikely to be healthy. So Overeem fights Hunt after he knocks out Frank Mir)
CM Punk vs Mickey Gall
(So this fight is confirmed but its date is not. Dana has said it would likely be at 199 but Punk has stated he would rather fight at 200. With all the other big draws either injured or already booked for fights too close to July, i think it would be hard to argue with Punk fighting at the marquee event. Hes a big name who will bring in alot of numbers to the ppv. Him and Mickey Gall will be the opening fight)

A for Effort

C for Formatting

D for Useful information

F- for:
TUF FINALE
(With Woodley likely to get the next title shot i can see these 2 fighting in a title eliminator.

Ufc 200 is not far away and I(like everyone else) have decided to predict the card. I also want to try my hand at predicting the headline fights between now and then and explain why they will happen. The UFC cannot afford to lose another ppv between now and UFC 200 in the same fashion that they did with 196. Therefore i think they will take all risk of that happening again out of the equation by putting on at least 3 major fights at each ppv event(except for the new 196 because Conor will always fight)...

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE: Rafael Dos Anjos vs Conor McGregor
(Confirmed)
WOMENS BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate
(Confirmed)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones
(Confirmed)
FLYWEIGHT TITLE: Demetrious Johnson vs Henry Cejudo
(Confirmed)
BJ Penn vs Dennis Siver
(BJ has been confirmed for 197 but his opponent is uncertain. I think it will be a ranked but beatable fighter. All rumours suggest Siver will be that person)

HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Fabricio Werdum vs Stipe Miocic
(Cain Valasquez relinquished his chance at an immediate rematch when he yet again pulled out of a fight. Stipe had been guaranteed to be next in line. Provided Werdum recovers quick enough from his toe injury, the UFC will aim to have this fight at the May ppv)
Anthony Pettis vs Nate Diaz
(Pettis came out after his loss to Eddie Alvarez stating that he was 100% healthy and begged the UFC for a "real fight" asap. When you think of a real fight in mma, you think of the Diaz brothers. Apparently this bout is close to being confirmed)
Max Holloway vs Renan Barao
(Barao has confirmed that his next fight would be a top ranked fighter at Featherweight. Chad Mendes is taking a slight hiatus to set up business, get his mind/body right etc. I think this leaves Holloway as the only logical option for Barao)

MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE: Luke Rockhold vs Chris Weidman
(Yoel Romero was meant to be next in line but failed his 194 drug test and was suspended. Since then, Dana White has said in an interview that Weidman will now get his immediate rematch and that it will likely be in june, possibly in New York)
BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber
(These two are the most popular fighters in their division and therefore I think them having the 3rd and final fight in their trilogy makes the most sense)
TJ Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao
(Assuncao publicly agreed that Faber should be next in line for the title after his long lay off. Originally aiming for a march return i think he will wait for Dillashaw. A win for either man would guarantee them for the next title shot)

TUF FINALE
(With Woodley likely to get the next title shot i can see these 2 fighting in a title eliminator. Its a dream match up and one that I would love to see. It has to be a 5 round fight and deserves to be during International Fight Week so I can see it headlining here)

FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE: Conor McGregor vs Frankie Edgar
(Although Jose Aldo has said he wont fight again until he gets either McGregor or a title shot, I cant see how the UFC can deny Frankie again. Aldo will get his rematch at the end of the year. This fight headlines the card because Conor is easily the UFCs top draw right now and will remain so even if he loses to RDA)
WELTERWEIGHT TITLE: Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley, Carlos Condit or Georges St-Pierre
(Robbie has been involved in the Fight of the Year the last 2 years and never has a boring fight, its because of this fact that I can see the UFC saving him until July. Obviously GSPs return would be the dream option here but personally i dont see him ever coming back)
WOMENS STRAWEIGHT TITLE: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Claudia Gadelha
(The TUF Finale for the season where these two are the coaches is booked for the night before 200. Therefore this fight is all but set in stone)
Anderson Silva vs ??? or Alistair Overeem vs Mark Hunt
(If healthy, Win or Lose against Bisping, Anderson Silva needs to be on this card if they want to break records. Obviously one of the dream superfights against GSP or Fedor at 205lbs would be great but i dont see either happening. I am therefore unsure who his opponent would be but he deserves to be there. If he doesnt recover in time or decides to retire then they need to have a Heavyweight fight on the card. Ben Rothwell and Dos Santos are booked for earlier. Overeem and Valasquez are probably the 2 biggest draws in the division but Cain is probably unlikely to be healthy. So Overeem fights Hunt after he knocks out Frank Mir)
CM Punk vs Mickey Gall
(So this fight is confirmed but its date is not. Dana has said it would likely be at 199 but Punk has stated he would rather fight at 200. With all the other big draws either injured or already booked for fights too close to July, i think it would be hard to argue with Punk fighting at the marquee event. Hes a big name who will bring in alot of numbers to the ppv. Him and Mickey Gall will be the opening fight)
TUF Finale is already confirmed as Joannas title fight.

Back