Predator VS Dredd (Comics)

RogerTheAlien

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I wanted to make this thread due to the fact that the last vs thread with Dredd featured the films version of the character, so in this one it'll be the comics continuity Dredd VS the Berserker Predator from the Predators film in 2010. The combatants will be equipped with their standard arsenal.

So with that let's get this started!

The Combatants: Dredd: Mega-City One in the 22nd century, a vast urban nightmare situated along the east coast of post-apocalyptic North America. The irradiated wasteland known as The Cursed Earth to the west covering most of America, and the polluted Black Atlantic to the east. Home to 400 million citizens, crammed into gigantic city-blocks, overcrowding is rife, unemployment endemic and boredom universal. Tensions run a constant knife-edge, and crime is rampant. Only the Judges can prevent total anarchy. Empowered to dispense instant justice, these lawmen are judge, jury and executioner. The toughest of them all is Judge Joe Dredd and he is the law!

Powers and Abilities: excellent marksman
Expert in unarmed combat
Bionic eyes grant 20/20 night vision and reduced blinking rate

Courtesy of Comicvine.

Berserker Predator:The Berserker Predator is the ultimate hunter. Born with superior physical abilities and intelligence, he was the youngest Yautja to ever kill a Xenomorph [Alien] and reach Young Blood status. Considered a prodigy among his clan, he quickly rose to almost legendary Warrior status; achieving more kills than any Predator of his generation.

Powers and Abilities: Super-strength, speed, agility, master of hand to hand combat, ruthless.

Dredd

judge-dredd.jpg

lawgive3.jpg

Dredd will be equipped with his standard Law Giver hand gun which can fire six types of ammo such as Standard bullets, Rubber Ricochet, Armour Piercing, Heat-Seeking, Incendiary and Hi-Ex. He will also be equipped with a scatter gun and a boot knife in case of close quarters combat.

The Berserker Predator

2557171-predators_black_super_predator1.jpg

The Berserker Predator will be equipped with his shoulder mounted plasma cannon and his elongated wristblade.

The Story: A rash of unexplained criminal disappearances have left the Judges of Megacity panicked that a new vigilante is exacting his own form of justice upon the criminal scum of their embattled utopia. Placing a tracker on a particular nasty offender of the law Dredd tracks the man to an abandoned factory where he finds the missing criminals who have all fallen prey to this new vigilante. Then out of no where Dredd hears a clicking noise from off in the distance. Dredd senses that his foe is not far. Dredd whispers " Heat Seeker" the hunt begins.

dredd-vs-predator.png

Mods feel free to add a poll.:icon_chee

Last edited:
Whoever wins....

WE LOSE

But I'd give the edge to Predator simply because invisibility + Plasma cannon first shot is a pretty deadly combo. Plus Dredd is currently armed with heat seekers which won't be too effective since Predators are cold blooded.

Whoever wins....

WE LOSE

But I'd give the edge to Predator simply because invisibility + Plasma cannon first shot is a pretty deadly combo. Plus Dredd is armed with heat seekers which won't be too effective since Predators are cold blooded.

Well if Dredd wins...

we win.

Whoever wins....

WE LOSE

But I'd give the edge to Predator simply because invisibility + Plasma cannon first shot is a pretty deadly combo. Plus Dredd is currently armed with heat seekers which won't be too effective since Predators are cold blooded.

Keep in mind that can change in an instant I would assume in a darkened factory (even with Dredd's nightvision) He'd automatically go to heetseekers, but once he realized they weren't going to work, he's could use any of the other he had access to.

Keep in mind that can change in an instant I would assume in a darkened factory (even with Dredd's nightvision) He'd automatically go to heetseekers, but once he realized they weren't going to work, he's could use any of the other he had access to.

Yeah, but thats always the thing with these matchups. Whoever hits first is pretty much the winner. So Predator would get the first shot since hes invisible, he'd have to miss. Then Dredd shoots heat seekers, which don't track the Predator. Then Predator would have to miss another shot while Dredd switches ammo, and then stand perfectly still while Dredd fires whatever new ammo he loads.

Yeah, but thats always the thing with these matchups. Whoever hits first is pretty much the winner. So Predator would get the first shot since hes invisible, he'd have to miss. Then Dredd shoots heat seekers, which don't track the Predator. Then Predator would have to miss another shot while Dredd switches ammo, and then stand perfectly still while Dredd fires whatever new ammo he loads.

Not necessarily their skill in markmenship is canceled out by the fact that neither one is particularly easy to kill. Dredd has historically always been nearly impossible to take down. While the Predator has a healing factor along with healing balm that could eventually make this a knockdown drag out fight. If neither one can hit each other with their respective ranged weapons this becomes a melee orianted battle potentially. Which is why I thought this was an interesting battle. Both are trained up the wazoo in melee combat so it just becomes who can outlast the other.

Dredd. Bionic Eyes/Infrared negate the Predator's stealth advantage. With the Heatseeker Rounds, Dredd doesn't even need a clear target. Just because the Predator is cold-blooded does not mean the Heat Seeker round wouldn't lock on to him. Especially if he's recently fired his weapon.

The only way the Predator takes this is by ambush - not easy when your opponent has been surviving these type of attacks for nearly half a century - or hand to hand.

Up close and personal, the Predator has the advantage, but he has to get in close against an expert marksman who can see him coming. And who's weapon is capable of destroying armored vehicles.

Dredd vs the Predator is Mayweather vs Alvarez.:rolleyes:

Not necessarily their skill in markmenship is canceled out by the fact that neither one is particularly easy to kill. Dredd has historically always been nearly impossible to take down. While the Predator has a healing factor along with healing balm that could eventually make this a knockdown drag out fight. If neither one can hit each other with their respective ranged weapons this becomes a melee orianted battle potentially. Which is why I thought this was an interesting battle. Both are trained up the wazoo in melee combat so it just becomes who can outlast the other.

If this comes down to H2H then the Yautja wins because of superior physical attributes.

I love Dredd but this goes to the berserker predator, especially close range.

If this comes down to H2H then the Yautja wins because of superior physical attributes.

Agreed. But I don't think the Predator can get that close without Dredd at least badly wounding it.

Dredd has killed Xenomorphs before, as well.

so doing some research, they already done a cross over for this. and alien too.

so doing some research, they already done a cross over for this. and alien too.

You're right. It's weaksauce though.

judge-dredd-pedator.png

Take note that this was a "vanilla" Predator and Dredd had help from another judge.

Then again, this would've given him knowledge about the Predator's weapons and hunting tactics so who knows.

Danny Glover took out a predator, so...

Berserker predator... lol Rodriguez fucked the predator franchise almost as much as AVP did.

Besides, Dredd vs Predator and aliens has been done already.

Danny Glover is a can and so was the Predator that he beat. This Predator however would make Danny Glover his bitch.

I actually agree. I think the Predators gave Glover the gun, not out of respect, but as a "thank you" for taking out that dope nobody really liked.

Back