Pre-Season Prem Thread - 2. Edizione: Summer Mercato

rjyAa_.gif

That foul was so brutal the defender lost his shoe!

Would have been an aggravated assault charge in today's game.

It's really amazing how violent the game used to be. There's compilation vids of fouls on Maradona and Pele that just leave your mouth open.

Pele was already a famous, global superstar but defenders pretty much injured him out of the 1966 and part of the 1962 World Cups. No way is anyone allowed to do that to a prime Ronnie or Messi.

That foul was so brutal the defender lost his shoe!

Would have been an aggravated assault charge in today's game.

It's really amazing how violent the game used to be. There's compilation vids of fouls on Maradona and Pele that just leave your mouth open.

Pele was already a famous, global superstar but defenders pretty much injured him out of the 1966 and part of the 1962 World Cups. No way is anyone allowed to do that to a prime Ronnie or Messi.

I remember (saw a clip)a goalie called Schumacher or something like that commit murder against someone in either Euro or WC. Poor guy (the other one) didn't even get a freekick. Flying knee to the face

Oh yeah.

Mizuno, Kappa, Diadora, Lotto, Umbro. Bring them all back!

Le Coq Sportif <bball2>

'Pony' made a brief comeback years ago - I actually bought a pair of white/black leather trainers from a UK shop and the fuckers broke after one wear, got my cash back and never went for them again,

I remember (saw a clip)a goalie called Schumacher or something like that commit murder against someone in either Euro or WC. Poor guy (the other one) didn't even get a freekick. Flying knee to the face

Oh yeah, the 1986 World Cup. The craziest thing is how unimpressed announcers were. "Oh, that's a bad foul" and that's it.

It all started changing in the early 90s. I remember FIFA specifically saying they were gonna start protecting the players. This is when mandatory yellow cards for fouls from behind started.

😻 I used to have some Diadora and Sergio Tacchini tennis clothing as they were sponsoring my team. Nice stuff.

Anyone remebers KELME? They even were with Real back in the day lol and GOAT logo badge

IMG_8192_0107ff2e-09e0-42d6-83e9-cd0354b633b7.jpg

Madrid need to bring back purple as their alternate jersey color.

Fuck this orange and grey shit.

Back