Practicing takedowns in BJJ class (watch me get schooled)

codemonkey76

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-VNdoQBlvw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-VNdoQBlvw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

i'm interested to know what the first one he attempted to do that looked like a tomenage with the arm

Last move was pretty slick.

Ya, that's yoko sumi gaeshi, deashi barai to osoto (?), and tani otoshi to a single leg to a sit-out. Nice job Shane. Next time with that shot, try to bring your butt right under your body. This improves your posture and your base so you can finish it easier even when he sprawls on you. That yoko sumi gaeshi was sweeeeeeeeet, btw.

Ya, that's yoko sumi gaeshi, deashi barai to osoto (?), and tani otoshi to a single leg to a sit-out. Nice job Shane. Next time with that shot, try to bring your butt right under your body. This improves your posture and your base so you can finish it easier even when he sprawls on you. That yoko sumi gaeshi was sweeeeeeeeet, btw.

Yeah i sucked last night at everything i did, i think it was the camera, not that I would have done any better against daniel, but still, i had about 3 head clashes (one with my own knee), and popped my knee and tweaked my shoulder, and generally rolled like shit. Did you check my Kesa Gatame thread?

Looks like a bunch of cans, besides Matt Brown of course.

yeah of couse, i was letting him get those takedowns so he can work on his technique (wink,wink)

you know codemonkey is the guy getting owned, not doing the owning, right?

lol... i just noticed that... Well done frodo on confusing a 5'11" Matt Brown look alike, with a 5'2" <60KG brazilian, lol

but in his defense despite the fact the other guy might look like his belt is white, that actually our instructor who's black belt is so worn and fraed its more like a greyish silver with black threads.

He is only 60 kgs and 5' 2 though, poor old 75 kg, 5'11 CM still gets owned...

we all do.

Back