Powerlifting shoes

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Lustercross, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Lustercross

Lustercross Brown Belt

Do any of y'all know any brands of reliable powerlifting shoes? I don't think my chucks are good enough anymore.

Thanks

2. Kinglee

Kinglee -_____-

Assuming you mean shoes to squat/deadlift in? Most guys in s&c like chucks, or anything with a flat sole. Depending on you squat style you may benefit from getting some Oly shoes.

Personally I squat in Nike AF1's, fit much better than chucks & offer great ankle support (I squat with a wide stance)

If you want to shell out on a pair of metal/inzer PL shoes, I have heard mixed reviews on them, & they are VERY expensive, would be interested to hear what you think of them

3. Lustercross

Lustercross Brown Belt

Yeah it's for squats and deadlifts. And that is the main reason I want powerlifting shoes. I don't think I get any ankle support at all with my chucks so it would be nice if I did have the support.

4. Kinglee

Kinglee -_____-

Well, if you shell out the big bucks on metal/inzer shoes then make sure to bump this thread. Just so you know Oly shoes do not have any ankle support, but the raised heel can be beneficial

5. nomilkforsanta

nomilkforsanta Nathan

Mark Rippetoe recommends wearing olympic lifting shoes for heavy squating. However, Charlie Francis and Ian King feel it places to much stress on your knees.

One option is getting the low profile chucks (look how thin the sole is)
    [​IMG]

I personally use olympic lifting shoes, but, my squat is very different than a powerlifting squat.