Media Powerful Russian Wrestler Nukhadiev making his debut

We could just wait and discuss after the debut no?

All that CrossFit , fitness for the sake of fitness mentality will severely limit his fighting ability.

Most of those exercises are overcomplicated bs ways to measure your imaginary penis against all the other CrossFit eunuchs on IG.

There is another dagestani wrestler with all the same kinda workout vids who has also been spending time at tiger Muay Thai.
If either of them just focused on wrestling and Muay Thai they would easily become legit prospects.

Shevchenko sisters are based at tiger Muay Thai, do you ever see them churning out these pointless workouts balancing barbells overhead and dancing around with hammers?

The sport of wrestling already has the perfect conditioning workouts. Between the wrestling, battling ropes, kettle bells, climbing rope, elastics and ocassional run. You don't need anything else at all. The supplementary exercises should also be focused around protecting/healing body not cranking it even more.

This mindset and priority of looking good on IG is what also leads to inevitable juicing like every high profile crossfitter.

I just fear he is one of those crazy wrestlers that dont believe he can be caught in a submission til it happens
This. This is the biggest trap wrestlers fall into. They go against career jiu jitsu guys and they're thinking "how can I improve my jiu jitsu" instead of "how can I improve my striking and simply not go to the ground." It's like thinking "I had a 6 week camp, now time to wrestle an NCAA wrestler." Extremely arrogant.

really? hm.... they are Dagestani. They are proud of being Dagestani. I say it is not Russia. And the majority of Dagestanis say that.

Dagestani is not an ethnicity. It's just the name of a region with several different ethnicities.

Khabib is an Avar, Salikhov is a Kumyk, Bagautinov is a Dargin, Zabit is a Avkakh, Akhmedov is a Lak.

These are only UFC Fighters! Every Village in Dagestan has a different ethnicity, culture, language. The only common things are that they are all Muslims and can speak to each other in Russian.

For example this Wrestlers crew are mostly Turkic speaking guys like Khabilov. Khabibs crew is full of Avars.

I don't think they are proud of being Russian or Dagestani. They are more proud of being their respective ethnicity. All the People from the Caucasus Region will tell you about the rivalries between this different people.

Last edited:
Identity politics in Caucasus is a complex and touchy subject.
The people have been persecuted for hundreds of years by Czars, Communist tyrants and finally Putin.
Many have (outwardly at least) switched allegiances and proudly fly the flag of Russia despite Putin killing at the very least, tens of thousands of Chechens around the millennium.
From what I have seen Dagestanis seem a bit more pro Russia / Moscow than Chechens. But I haven't been there! Only conjecture from watching Dagestani athletes, meeting a few Chechen wrestlers in my city and speaking to others from the region online.

The Turkic (usually Muslim) people of the region also face a lot of old fashioned simple racism from white Slavic Russians. They have a word that is similar to n199er to describe them.

Regardless of all this, an interesting fact is that "Russia" is not a country. It's called "russian federation" this name only hints at the vast size, desired sovereignties and diversity of
ethnicities in the federation.

Touche but I still say it's in the general region...and Arlovksi ain't no wrestler!

The russians came in big numbers in the last 10 years with the guys from caucasus.
Before you had less russians, lets be honest.
Plus with khabib and fedor, they have 2 of the biggest names in MMA.
They do good, far from the US guys but still relevant, probably 3rd spot all time.

really? hm.... they are Dagestani. They are proud of being Dagestani. I say it is not Russia. And the majority of Dagestanis say that.

I am from Dagestan.

Dagestan is a republic in Russia.

End of story.

no, you are just a russian troll. end of story.
There is such thing as a regional identity in Russia - Siberians or people from Ural, for example.
But personally as a Russian I've seen there is few opinions on Dagestan (among these Dagestani people) - one, that Dagestani = person from Dagestan, other, that Dagestani = certain ethnicties, so ethnic Russian or Armenian from Dagestan doesn't count. And there is other questions like, do we count people of certain ethnicities (Avar, Dargin, Lak and others) that were born and raised outside of Dagestan, as Dagestani (in mma world, I think Umalatov family - Gasan, Magomed and Islam, Magomed Ismailov were all born outside of Dagestan and I can remember at least a couple fighters of Avar origin from Georgia); Azeri people and Mountain Jews from Dagestan - are they Dagestani?

There is such thing as a regional identity in Russia - Siberians or people from Ural, for example.
But personally as a Russian I've seen there is few opinions on Dagestan (among these Dagestani people) - one, that Dagestani = person from Dagestan, other, that Dagestani = certain ethnicties, so ethnic Russian or Armenian from Dagestan doesn't count. And there is other questions like, do we count people of certain ethnicities (Avar, Dargin, Lak and others) that were born and raised outside of Dagestan, as Dagestani (in mma world, I think Umalatov family - Gasan, Magomed and Islam, Magomed Ismailov were all born outside of Dagestan and I can remember at least a couple fighters of Avar origin from Georgia); Azeri people and Mountain Jews from Dagestan - are they Dagestani?
russia occupied a lot of nations abusively.
russia is only the russian state from the federation.

russia occupied a lot of nations abusively.
russia is only the russian state from the federation.
Well as far as I know there is no separatist movement in Dagestan or a movement for independence only chapters of ISIS/AQ and other Islamic terrorists, so...
Like, outside of Chechnya, I think in UK there is people who wants independent Ichkeria and seems like there is nothing for some independent Dagland or Dagestaniya.

I don't understand your second sentence.

Just cause they identify as Dagestani doesn't mean Dagestan isn't in Russia. I identify more as a Marylander, Maryland is still in the United States.

Just cause they identify as Dagestani doesn't mean Dagestan isn't in Russia. I identify more as a Marylander, Maryland is still in the United States.

in the US , the population is homogeneous, and they chose to be one country.
in russia's case, it is occupation.

No, half my family is literally from the same district as Khabib.
Other half is from is Khunzakh.
Half Avar half Dargin. Who the fuck are you again to lecture me ?

Back