• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Power Slap Championship Discussion MEGA THREAD ***Power Slap 7 Friday April 12 9pm EST

Do you love or hate Power Slap (Fighting)?

• Total voters
How about you SA, have you watched? Your thing/not so much? Appalled by the CTE ramifications? Resigned to the fact we accepted that as a reality with MMA a long time ago?

No desire to watch really. I've seen some clips, but I was aware of these Power Slap competitions long before they hit TBS. Meh.

Lol, god imagine being a loser in power slap. Do these guys even get their hotel and plane tickets paid for? If they get knocked out, the hospital bills alone can put them in the red.

You get a chance to lose money and also get CTE, what an opportunity of a lifetime.

I don't get why Dana pays Rogan and Buffer to like do nothing important at all, even the ring girls they pay well, but they are not willing to pay like a decent money to combatants, when they went mainstream like long time ago.

You can watch a brutal sport like MMA but can't watch a little slapping? It's way safer than MMA

Power Slap - open handed slap

MMA - Punches, kicks, knees, elbows, slams, spinning backfists, spinning backkicks, flying knees, ground and pound,

the point of fighting is to hit and not get hit …martial arts… sweet science etc … that’s where the skill comes in …

power slap … you just stand there like some r3tarded Homer Simpson while some jackass tees off on you ….. pathetic …

I see why Dana likes it though, plenty of knuckle draggers will buy this product .. it’s so primal and straight forward…. Plus you don’t have to explain grappling or any other annoying skills … just pure straightforward dumbness

Not going to lie… I just watched the first episode and I was entertained.

the point of fighting is to hit and not get hit …martial arts… sweet science etc … that’s where the skill comes in …

power slap … you just stand there like some r3tarded Homer Simpson while some jackass tees off on you ….. pathetic …

I see why Dana likes it though, plenty of knuckle draggers will buy this product .. it’s so primal and straight forward…. Plus you don’t have to explain grappling or any other annoying skills … just pure straightforward dumbness

Dana literally explains why he was interested in the first episode… “I saw it on YouTube and it had 350 million views.”

Slaplete Highlight: Duane "Iron Giant" Crespo
This former US marine has C-4 in his hands and is on a mission to claim his throne as the baddest man on the planet. A former personal trainer and HVAC professional in New York, Duane has now fully dedicated himself to following his dreams of becoming a combat sports legend around the world, carving his own path one thunderous slap at a time. Let's see if he'll continue to keep his cool and bring the heat in the next coming weeks!

20201101_140934.jpg

Combat Sports Background: MMA, Boxing, BKB
Accomplishments: Ranked #27 in Florida, #11 in Alabama, and #363 in USA at HW in MMA (source: Tapology)
Style: Heavy, measured slaps

Fighter Preview:
Studio_Project60618655341d58ff.gif

Be sure to tune into this week's action on Wednesday at 10pm EST / 7pm PST. Only on TBS

<{JustBleed}><{natewhut}>

Last edited:
Back