Povetkin vs Johann

KO's him right before the bell sounded. Smokin' Alexander Povetkin KO 7.

I don't care what he's taking. He's the best HW on the planet today.

Find me a HW that can do this, Hint: You can't

He's hardly the only HW in the world who would have KOed a 20 - hours notice version of Duhaupas in running shoes.

Yeah nothing says you're the best like consistently and blatantly using PEDs even other cheaters wouldnt dare use. And crushing a clearly overmatched last second replacement. Your standards kind of suck.

Yeah nothing says you're the best like consistently and blatantly using PEDs even other cheaters wouldnt dare use. And crushing a clearly overmatched last second replacement. Your standards kind of suck.

PEDs don't give you skills, especially something like Ostarine or Meldonium. Povetkin has more skills than anyone at that weight. He's slipping punches, going to the body, doubling and tripling his lefthook, turning his opponents.

The HWs today are just stiff upright, throw one punch at a time can't move well at all. You can give them Ostarine and Meldonium and they wont be able to do what Povetkin can do.

PEDs don't give you skills, especially something like Ostarine or Meldonium. Povetkin has more skills than anyone at that weight. He's slipping punches, going to the body, doubling and tripling his lefthook, turning his opponents.

The HWs today are just stiff upright, throw one punch at a time can't move well at all. You can give them Ostarine and Meldonium and they wont be able to do what Povetkin can do.
So he takes them knowing 100% they are banned just for the taste of them????hahaha
They allow him to do his skills better. Form and technique is only part of it.
Lol THEY TAKE THEM JEOPARDIZING THEIR HEATH, CAREER, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, AND THEIR POPULARITY just for fun and because if does nothing.
You leaving out milk and cookies on the night of the 24th for Santa too I guess.
If his skills were all so superior and defining he wouldnt need to take that stuff now would he.

Are we gonna act like he wouldn't have done that if he didn't get popped?

Let's not act like PEDs don't help him implement his tactics with efficiency, or like his opponent could give his best to prevent it.

Deontay looked WAYY better finishing off Povetking

Deontay looked WAYY better finishing off Povetking

Not even close...

Wilder went 11 rounds and his eye was closed shut and Duhaupas didn't got down. But if you look at that closing sequence by Wilder, it's just as I said a couple posts back, it's just one punch at a time, and the finishing sequence is just alternating left and right hands.

Now compare that to Povetkin. Povetkin slips the right hand and throws his own right, then he follows it up by doubling up his left hook and knocking Duhaupas out cold. It was a much more clinical finish on Povetkin's part.

Then why does he feel the need to cheat to get an advantage? Povetkin doesn't believe in himself as much as you do I guess.

Then why does he feel the need to cheat to get an advantage? Povetkin doesn't believe in himself as much as you do I guess.
I dont even know if hes better than Luis Ortiz.

Deontay and Joshua are the Top 2, and everybody else is debatable.

I dont even know if hes better than Luis Ortiz.

Deontay and Joshua are the Top 2, and everybody else is debatable.

Potvetkin/Ortiz would be a great fight if Alex can stay off the aside meth.

Exactly. Well put. Even Povetkin doesn't believe in his skills enough alone.
Potvetkin/Ortiz would be a great fight if Alex can stay off the aside meth.
Does any promoter or fighter take that chance? I think he wont get a credible contender anytime soon. Rightfully so.

I also think that Povetkin can be the World's best but I don't excuse him for steroids this time.

The tiny dose of Meldonium is a kind of OK, because it's way below the sanctioned levels, but this time... is a little too much.

He's definitely screwing up his career, just like Russia is screwing up its economy.

Wlad destroyed him. I can see several HWs beating him. He's not that great defensively. I would favour Fury and Wlad to beat him and guys like Haye, Joshua and Wilder have at least a chance. He didn't even look that great vs Wach

Wlad destroyed him. I can see several HWs beating him. He's not that great defensively. I would favour Fury and Wlad to beat him and guys like Haye, Joshua and Wilder have at least a chance. He didn't even look that great vs Wach

Wlad 'destroyed'. More like hugged him to death. With an other ref he gets DQ'd for that pathetic display of wrestling.

Fury is currently the only fighter that's a bad matchup for Povetkin. Because Fury has good enough footwork to cancel out Povetkin's footspeed.

Wlad 'destroyed'. More like hugged him to death. With an other ref he gets DQ'd for that pathetic display of wrestling.

Fury is currently the only fighter that's a bad matchup for Povetkin. Because Fury has good enough footwork to cancel out Povetkin's footspeed.

don't hate the player hate the game. When the ref allows you to obviously you do it. He still knocked povetkin silly. I would have favoured Povetkin but I would have given Stiverne a punchers chance. povetkin is hittable especially early on and he has shown cardio problems in some fights (at least before testing positive for drugs that improve your cardio).
Guys with really good offence and/or counters, power and handspeed all have a chance against Povetkin. Stiverne had a punchers chance with his counters, Wilder has a punchers chance agains anyone and he showed vs Stiverne that he can box when he has to and guys like Joshua, Haye and Ortiz are super dangerous offensively

Back