• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pouring the contents of a B vitamin capsule into food

meauneau

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I have these massive B vitamin capsules which I end up urinating most of when I take them with water after meals. Was thinking it would be better absorbed if I mixed half the capsule it into my morning oats.

Would this damage the vitamins?

Excretion does not imply malabsorption, it merely implies recent intake (except for B12, which the body does store).

AFAIK, specific symptoms and other testing would be necessary to confirm malabsorption (which is rare).

Those vitamins would be better absorbed if you simply focused on eating real food that contain the vitamins.

This plus, TS you need to understand that your body shedding an excessive dosage of water soluble b vitamins is normal metabolism.

The dosage doesn't need to be crazy.

Personally, I try to ensure I eat some lambs liver once a week. Lamb's liver has a similar nutrient profile to beef liver (both contain/provide the majority of B complex vitamins), and is milder tasting.

If you really can't handle eating liver* then freeze-dried capsules are pretty readily available. By all means sprinkle them on your food if you feel the need.

*I really like lambs liver but I recognise that it's an acquired taste, I've eaten it since I was a kid which helps.

to answer your question simply. The vitamin will be fine. The capsule it is in helps with timing and packaging. You wont have any issues that way. I have clients that do all sorts of things, everyone is different. Keep up the grind!

I have these massive B vitamin capsules which I end up urinating most of when I take them with water after meals. Was thinking it would be better absorbed if I mixed half the capsule it into my morning oats.

Would this damage the vitamins?

Most vitamins are fat soluble. If you want to increase uptake of vitamins of any kind, make sure you're taking them with fat. Personally I take a spoonful of coconut oil when I take my vitamins.

Those vitamins would be better absorbed if you simply focused on eating real food that contain the vitamins.

But of course. Specifically salmon, red meat, liver, leafy greens of all types, and yogurt.

Excretion does not imply malabsorption, it merely implies recent intake (except for B12, which the body does store).

AFAIK, specific symptoms and other testing would be necessary to confirm malabsorption (which is rare).

Right. People who take vitamins have yellow urine. That's all there is to it. Get used to it and avoid asparagus if you don't want the most yellow most odoriferous urine you've ever had.

Back