Pouring one out for fallen Heroes...

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The word, tragedy gets thrown around a lot these days. COVID-19. Plane crashes. Famine. Mass shootings. Terrorism. Rise of Skywalker. But no; waking up to find you've lost the best part of 50,000 Likes because the Techs can't deal with your God-like awesomeness? That's the true meaning of the word.

I ask for a moment's silence to remember our fallen Likes.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

I just had a thread deleted regarding the massively successful boy band "Westlife". Don't come here talking bout fallen heroes!

Also! Don't mention "tragedy" without linking this epic tune!

Oh, you'll find out!

giphy.gif

I just had a thread deleted regarding the massively successful boy band "Westlife". Don't come here talking bout fallen heroes!

Also! Don't mention "tragedy" without linking this epic tune!

I was about to post an awesome joke about molesting drunk Irishmen in that thread as well

They'll feel something like this...
tenor.gif

But no; waking up to find you've lost the best part of 50,000 Likes because the Techs can't deal with your God-like awesomeness? That's the true meaning of the word.
The statement made it sound like the 'like' system would be disabled:

"Likes are reason your servers have been going off the rails. It's also making it difficult to perform some routine administrative tasks such as moderate users, change forum permissions, usergroup permissions, and comply with GDPR requests. They're in too many of the necessary database queries and they cause locks. We would have to rewrite core XF files to work around it. Our techs advise against that because the site would break every time we updated and it could create security vulnerabilities. We're going to have to remove them all. Your admins may put restrictions on their use afterward to cut down on excessive usage."

This can only mean we are going to loose any 'likes' received (again) sometime in the near future...

RIP in peace.

Feel bad for the shitposters that had their years consistency erased in an instant.

giphy.gif

A cruel bitch of a plot twist if there ever was one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back