Potential Staph infection or paranoia?

HomerPlata

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Don't read if you're eating :icon_chee

I noticed a painful spot on my knee last night, it looked like it had a proper yellow head (nice image huh?) so naturally I squoze the shit out of it. No puss came out, just like clear liquid, and it's just stayed inflamed. This morning it's bigger and angrier and it still won't "pop". I'm guessing it's not a spot but a boil. Does anyone with any experience of Staph think I might be in trouble? :icon_neut

Put some Robitussin on your knee, and walk it off.

Go see a doc. You don't want to play around with this stuff.

this shit has happened to me a couple of times. one time it was staph the other times i guess it was nothing. i usually clean it properly 2-3 times a day to dry it out. if it doesnt go away i go to the doctor. im not sure thats the proper way to treat it though. these days i use longsleeve and longpants so as not to catch sht.

Check with a doctor or a walk in clinic and have someone take a look at it. You'll probably be given a topical antibiotic and/or an oral antibiotic too.

Thanks guys. I'll head down to the NHS walk-in centre on Saturday morning, methinks.

also don't pop it. spreads etc.

Too late fella! It's all properly strapped up and covered now though, I'm only gonna mess with it when I clean it and change the dressing. All this for a fucking pimple!

Back