Post your roundhouse kick here THREAD

Mix bag work video...just playing around here (was tired)..but theres a mix of techniques..this was my cool down round for fun after earlier rounds of dedicated bag work.. This was from around the cerrone/perry fight..

Not bad at all, even the TKD shit you mixed in wasn't too shabby. Did you train TKD earlier?

Not bad at all, even the TKD shit you mixed in wasn't too shabby. Did you train TKD earlier?

Thank you! ..Believe it or not...never took a single class of TKD, i was shown that double kick by a friend of mine who did years ago..and i just kept drilling it till i got it...i want to eventually be able to comeback with a third strike high with the left leg...so 1 left low, 1 right mid, 1 more left high ..all while keeping the same riddim..

Ive trained in Japanese jiujitsu, and boxing and are looking to start officially training iin muay thai as you as i can find a local gym i like, and will fit my needs..trying to prepare for a possible MMA fight

I thought your last one was on infinite loop. Very impressive. I miss kicking stuff.. better get back soon.

Thanks! Consecutive kicking is fun... Until your padman decides to make you do them for a full round, then it's horrible torture until you die

A variety of kicks including some roundhouses

And some on here too

Umm...are these the same people in the vids???
Ha yes, me with a haircut. One was shortly after a hernia operation in 2017, couldn't do any lifting for a while and just walking was getting very boring. The first vid is more recent, probably looks a little different stylistically too as bareknuckle tends to change things a bit I find.

I keep forgetting to post my roundhouse kick in this thread. But i think i know what people are going to say anyways. Cough cough *straighten your leg*cough

I was a bit exhausted after hours of training and know I dropped my hands a few times but any general advice would be greatly appreciated!

(file was too big to upload. It's only a minute long)

FYI... I do throw some round houses not just looking for free advice :)

It's shot at an odd angle so it's hard to see your foot work. But looked like pretty decent kicks to me.

I was a bit exhausted after hours of training and know I dropped my hands a few times but any general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, cool that you got to train in Thailand - I was meaning to go 10 years ago but my girlfriend got pregnant which put an end to those plans!

I appreciate you're exhausted, but it looks like everything is telegraphed quite alot, and maybe you could turn your supporting leg on the kicks a bit more, looks like your supporting leg is facing straight on almost.

Good power though!

Hi, cool that you got to train in Thailand - I was meaning to go 10 years ago but my girlfriend got pregnant which put an end to those plans!

I appreciate you're exhausted, but it looks like everything is telegraphed quite alot, and maybe you could turn your supporting leg on the kicks a bit more, looks like your supporting leg is facing straight on almost.

Good power though!
Thanks for the tips. I will take them in account. And Thailand was fucking amazing. Best month of my life. I was at Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket. I highly recommend it. Great food. Great people. Amazing beaches. Hard core training. Everything you could ask for.

spacetime good video dude, now we can get half an idea of whats going on.

your very fast.

your throwing your jab from about your chest, and bringing it back to your chest. Hands need to be up by your face to keep it protected. straight out, straight back.

I cant comment really on the TKD as its not my thing, but from my perspective the kicks look good and fast.

hey dude, props for posting your video. im not trying to knock you at all in any way shape or form as everyone was a beginner once and we all got to start somewhere. That being said, this is why I personally feel that training in thailand is overrated IMO. If I was holding pads for you, the first thing I would do is stop everything, and fix your kick, attempt to improve it and get you kicking properly, rather than just sit there and burn you out on the pads which is what it looks like to me all that thai man is doing. I would have you not focus on power so much and more on technique, focusing on the power typical results in poor technique. more hip rotation, and also stepping to the side prior to the kick. Take it with a grain of salt as what the hell do I know. LIke i said before, not knocking you at all, obviously a beginner, nothing wrong with that. Some things could be improved, but everyone can always improve everywhere no matter how good they are myself included.

spacetime good video dude, now we can get half an idea of whats going on.

your very fast.

your throwing your jab from about your chest, and bringing it back to your chest. Hands need to be up by your face to keep it protected. straight out, straight back.

I cant comment really on the TKD as its not my thing, but from my perspective the kicks look good and fast.

I'm not a beginner.. I've trained TKD for a total of 5 years. Any guard works in TKD sparring, including down by waist. The range is different, the pace is different (kicks are coming way faster and from more angles) there is no ring, the gloves are smaller. You don't want to get spammed by body kicks so Muay Thai guard is not used, nor is the boxing guard.

It's so different when you fight in an open space compared to a ring, which is why I don't really think it's fair to compare TKD to Kickboxing in ring fighting because it is a long range fighting art intended for open spaces and self defence, not ring fighting with big gloves. Just the fact that you can corner someone in a ring and take away his range is a major game changer.

Back