Post USADA Holm

As far as I'm concerned, this is now a thing. Haven't seen a dropoff in performance like that since Pettis.

Well yeah... Because USADA wasn't around back in the day. When was that again ? Oh yeah... last fucking November.

l0cWpo.gif

The Rousey fight was under USADA. She looks the same as always she didn't look that spectacular in her UFC fights before Rousey either. She's also not young and has taken a bit of damage throughout her career

This is just stupid; Holly has only ever looked really good once performance-wise, and it was when Ronda was charging straight at her.

The problem might be she hasn't fought anyone as easy to figure out as Ronda

Ronda was just judo flips and arm bars and Holly was able to effortlessly get around that, probably making her seem better than she was :(

Do people think testing started yesterday? Fighters lose and it is not always about PEDs.

Fighters who win are called cheats until they get caught. Fighters who lose are off the juice. While both may be true it seems pointless to me but to each their own.

She is getting old.

This is the same woman who won a SD over Rocky Pennington pre-USADA. She then destroyed a stylistically great match up for her in Ronda, lost to Tate in the fifth while being ahead on the scorecards, and then got outpointed by an opponent who was better than her in her strongest area.

I'm not saying she's clean, but the evidence that she isn't really doesn't compel me to think she's dirty.

Edit: I actually think everybody is using but holly's case can't really be judged on performance
Well, I don't know either.
Some of her fans today said she seemed old not as fast not as explosive.
Since people usually don't age that much in eight month I was wondering whether there was a different explanation.
Just trying to help. :)

Holm was just overrated, she is a decision fighter who barely won her first UFC fights.
Barely won? It's a 3 round fight where you have to win 2 rounds, she clearly won 2 against Raquel and clearly won all 3 against Reneau. Not getting a finish doesn't mean that you barely win, it's just not her style of fighting.

Well, I don't know either.
Some of her fans today said she seemed old not as fast not as explosive.
Since people usually don't age that much in eight month I was wondering whether there was a different explanation.
Just trying to help. :)
If you watch all her fights, she's never been aggressive or explosive or anything like that. She basically counter-punches for the entire fight, and the reason she destroyed Honda was because Honda repeatedly charged at her with her non-existent striking defense. She could be off of some goodies now, but her fights don't really indicate that IMO. She just got put against a perfect opponent in Honda. I was hoping she was sandbagging prior to that, but nah.

P.S. If you want to see a rapid decline, look at Hendricks.

Typical sherdog. A fighter loses one or two fights and its time to put them out to pasture.

Interesting how this thread was allowed to stay.

She's got issues with her style that have always been prevalent. I've said before that of Ronda had held back a bit and forced Holm to go first then that fight would have gone differently. Sadly I don't think Edmund even knows what that means.

They should match Holm and Zingano next. Although I fear that every fighter that Holly faces is going to do everything possible to avoid letting her focus on her counter striking.

Shes in great shape but her face looks 50 yrs old. That cant be a good sign.

Back