Portland, OR vs Westboro Baptist Church...

MR NHB

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I joined in counter-protesting the WBC tonight in Portland for their attack on the Trail Blazers accepting gay marriage. It was a massacre....the church folks got run out of town after 15 mins, and the counter-protest crowd was hilarious. We completely covered them up with banners and they snuck away as the crowd grew. Anybody else ever fought the WBC in your city?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/01/westboro_baptist_church_picket.html

Nice! Thank god we don't have people like that where I am from

I remember at Matthew Shepards funeral they showed up. Didnt actually protest cause it dropped to like -20 degrees that day.

Thank you TS. You are a decent man for not tolerating the bleating of mindless hate. You took the time to actually do something about it.

Peace and Be Well. I mean that.

Thank you TS. You are a decent man for not tolerating the bleating of mindless hate. You took the time to actually do something about it.

Peace and Be Well. I mean that.

This.

Good job, TS.

I would expect no less from a city like Portland. One of the GOAT American cities for sure.

Nice work.

Fighting the good fight.

Fuck those WBC assholes.

I've never quite understood what the WBC hope to achieve by these poorly attended protests.
If there was actually a point to it and there was any chance of actually achieving something, then I'd at least understand why they were doing it.

The reason the WBC is a thing, is because people pay attention to them.

Don't feed the trolls.

I've never quite understood what the WBC hope to achieve by these poorly attended protests.
If there was actually a point to it and there was any chance of actually achieving something, then I'd at least understand why they were doing it.

Reason is to piss people off to a point where they would lose their shit and attack them and then WBC can sue them and get some money.

If everyone just agreed to ignore these people would they just go away?

waste of their time to even hit the blazer game, they have zero chance to gain a foothold in the bigger pacnw cities like portland and seattle.

The comments on that page are interesting. (meaning typical.)

The family that runs it is loaded with lawyers.

The moment you touch them, they're suing you for everything you own. It's a sickening, easy money maker, playing on people's emotions at funerals for their loved ones.

Portland's an awesome city. I feel a kind of kinship with Portland.

Back